Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1952 TOPPS MANTLE FOR SALE

Item # 5167702940 owner says he bought it at a barn auction. but check out his last feedback.

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Another '52 Topps Mantle scam. Unauthorized reprint being sold as the real thing. Not a very original con job. image

So he got ripped off (last feedback) and now wants to rip somebody else. That's why there are so many Mantle scams! They keep recycling as people try to get their money back. At least he's only trying to steal $400, instead of the usual $4,000 or more.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I went ahead and emailed the seller asking him if he has looked at his feedback lately. No response yet but I will give an update if he does.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I sent the seller this email:

You didn't buy this at a "barn auction." You just barely bought it for $117.51 from starsforless, as everyone can see from your feedback. I'm sorry you got ripped off in that scam, but don't turn someone else into the victim.

His reply...

Good catch! Thanks for letting me know.

But he hasn't ended the auction.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I went ahead and emailed the seller asking him if he has looked at his feedback lately. No response yet but I will give an update if he does. >>

Okay here is his response: " No if you look at the feedback you will see that I got that mixed up with someone else"

I think he is on some major drugs.