Home Sports Talk

How Clueless is David Wells?

First he takes some cheap shots at his former Yankee mates, then he wonders if he'll be booed when he returns to Yankee Stadium in a Red Sox uniform this season?

MLB's Skinhead Speaks Out!

Comments

• DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    In reading the AP story, and this one, more is made of it by the press than Wells. His comments are sensationalized. His full quotes are tempered with conciliatory commentary. I find nothing wrong with him speaking his mind when interviewed - he was not being a jerk ala Canseco. His opinions were asked for. Fans would hope and expect that a new player would take a position to downgrade a previous team played for, especially when in the same division. He is clued in and honest. IMO. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    pretty tame stuff....the media is stretching this crap as usual

.......It'll get worse.

His mouth and belly seem to grow at about the same rate ..

.....and all the world loves to watch a belly-flop. image
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>First he takes some cheap shots at his former Yankee mates, then he wonders if he'll be booed when he returns to Yankee Stadium in a Red Sox uniform this season?

MLB's Skinhead Speaks Out! >>

Didn't really see what was a cheap shot here?

If you were told on one side that you were wanted on a team, then you hear that that's just lip service they are giving you, wouldn't you be upset and frustrated too?
    He is clueless for wanting to cross a bridge he already burned ...perhaps.

........I wonder when he'll start writing a book slamming his new "team" ?
    Speaking of which....doesn't he have a tatoo of "The Babe" on his torso? Question - is that now good or bad karma in the showers at Fenway?

They have showers?
    I heard there are troughs with spray heads....kinda similar to the old fashion urinals. You gotta slide in and flop yourself around.

Mucerfan - you are going to get me in trouble man. Regards.

• I didn't see any cheap shots!?!?

"I've never had a good relationship with Joe, we've had a few run-ins, and Mel Stottlemyre, as well," Wells added. "Mel's probably the best pitching coach I've ever had, but when you have run-ins like that, it just leaves a sour taste. And who needs it? I can understand their point, and hopefully, they can understand mine.

"There's no hard feelings one way or another. Life moves on and now I'm in a Boston uniform and it's my job ... to go out there and beat the Yankees."

"You won't find a nicer guy than Jason Giambi ... and hopefully he doesn't let his emotions take over and take away from his game."

"Last year, I probably had the best ovation I've ever had in my life," Wells said of his return to New York with San Diego. "To get a two-three minute standing ovation, was awesome. ... They don't forget and that's what's so good about New York. They remember, and hopefully just because I'm putting on a Red Sox jersey, they don't think I'm a traitor of any sort."

Just seems like another case of people trying to make up BS when there's nothing going on!

JMO, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
    by people ..you mean the media ?

...that's being very kind image
  • yep, they did it with nomar, pedro and they tried it with manny. This year its trot and wells they're hunting down so far.

No wonder half the guys won't give interviews.

JMO, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00

• << <i>yep, they did it with nomar, pedro and they tried it with manny. This year its trot and wells they're hunting down so far.

No wonder half the guys won't give interviews.

JMO, Bob >>

Nobody ever had to give Wells instructions on how to open his mouth and insert his foot!
    everybody outta da pool...
    ..here come da belly-flop.