Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

paypal fees when you get paid via a paypal balance

Does paypal charge the seller a fee when they get a payment from a buyer's paypal balance?
Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!

Comments

• Options
    yes
    x
  • Options
    anyone know how much paypal stock is going for??image lol

thanks, why I am not shocked.
  • Options
    If you have the basic account no, but if you have a premium account you do.. A prmium account allows you to accept credit card payments. Aside from that with a basic acount you are now only allwed to accept 500 dollars per month.
  • Options
    I have a premier account, I take credit card payment( just doubled checked, to be sure). It will only allow me to withdraw $500 a month. Is there a step higher than premier account that allows people to withdraw more than $500 a month?
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    If you already have a Premier account and cannot withdraw more than $500 per month they require more information from you. A social security number on file lifts this restriction.image
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
    they already have my credit card and one of my checking account numbers, so until I get around that $500 withdrawl limit, then I won't give them my SSN.A guy at work is going to cancel is paypal interest earning account, because they are asking for his life story. All cuz of the terror threats I suppose.
    Too much fraud out there anyway. I prefer to pay cash for almost everything, except for ebay purchases.
  • Options
    I was refering to the 500 dollar recieveing limit not the withdrawal limit.. If you have a Paypal Debit card you can withdraw more than 500 a month. You can also have them charge your card 1.95 which will be added to your Paypal account after your next purchase. The charge on your account will have a 4 digit number when you enter this into your paypal account they will lift the 500.00 limit on withdrawals
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    I believe if you have a regular account, where you can NOT accept credit card payments, the payments from a bank tranfer are with no fees, buyer and seller.

Would any of you know if it is okay with Paypal, and/or Ebay, for a seller, with a premier account, to request an extra dollar, or equivilent extra fee based on probable final sale price, if one uses Paypal to fund their payments ? I would like to include some verbage of this extra buck or so, in an ebay listing since I , perhaps foolishly, "upgraded" to a premier Paypal account.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    I guess you could include it with your S/H or I have seen some people tell buyers to add a % if they pay via credit card.

As a buyer, it's kinda of annoying to have to add a % because of the method of payment the seller accepts. Whenever I see the fees on paypal, I kinda cringe, but then I figure that people will bid more if they can pay via paypal funded by a credit card.
  • Options

<< <i>Would any of you know if it is okay with Paypal, and/or Ebay, for a seller, with a premier account, to request an extra dollar, or equivilent extra fee based on probable final sale price, if one uses Paypal to fund their payments ? I would like to include some verbage of this extra buck or so, in an ebay listing since I , perhaps foolishly, "upgraded" to a premier Paypal account. >>

NO..you cannot have a surcharge for PayPal users....against both eBay & PayPal rules..you can be suspended for it.

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options

<< <i>I guess you could include it with your S/H or I have seen some people tell buyers to add a % if they pay via credit card. >>

In California, and I'm sure other states, this is against the law.

Skip

I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    You can add it into your S/H like many sellers do.. But by saying if you pay with Paypal you must add an additional X.XX or X% you are in violation of many laws. Ebay will suspend you for it and Paypal has the right to freeze your account if you are caught doing so.
  • Options
    I have seen some people say that. I thought it was weird. I am sure most just hide it in their S/H as much as possible. Even that would be hard to do if you say what the S/H is in the auction. That's why I don't like seller who say that S/H will be determined after the auction has ended. Sometimes I feel they are going to try to recoup all of the fees and possibly guage more than accepted.
  • Options
    I charge 2.00 S/H and it covers a majority of the fees and that it don't just comes off the selling price. It amounts to something like this on the 2.00

Shipping .49
    card holder and sleeve .06
    Listing fee .25 I start all my auctions at .99 cents or less
    Delivery Confirmation FREE
    Bubble Mailer .06
    The rest goes into FVF and Paypal fees.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I charge 2.00 S/H and it covers a majority of the fees and that it don't just comes off the selling price. It amounts to something like this on the 2.00

Shipping .49
    Bubble Mailer .06
    The rest goes into FVF and Paypal fees. >>

The other fees sond like you're using USPS first class - how are you getting delivery confirmation for free?
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I charge 2.00 S/H and it covers a majority of the fees and that it don't just comes off the selling price. It amounts to something like this on the 2.00

Shipping .49
    Bubble Mailer .06
    The rest goes into FVF and Paypal fees. >>

The other fees sond like you're using USPS first class - how are you getting delivery confirmation for free? >>

And bubble mailers for 6 cents??
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Buy the mailers 500 at a time on Ebay.. If you use Paypal to print your shipping you get DC for free.

Well a quick check showed me that now they are about 8 to 10 censt each on average been a couple of months sinc I bought any last batch was 500 for 31.00 delivered. Still it is alot cheaper to buy them in losts of 500 than other ways.
  • Options
    You had better double check free DC when using PayPal to ship. If you go first class mail PayPal charges a $.20 surcharge and $.13 DC fee. Any other shipping class is free though.
  • Options
    This thread took a twist, but yes - you get charged a fee from Paypal when you get a direct balance payment. As to the rest, just state your fixed S/H fees. You don't have to "explain" them to anyone. The buyer should consider the S/H fees to coincide with their bid. Charge what you want for S/H and understand that.

Personally, I don't like auctions where I have to click on the shipping calculator to understand my costs on this. Handling charges can be added. I like looking/buying from sellers who have their fixed S/H cost stated. Best regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    I have never paid it and neither have several other sellers I know they were the ones who told me about it.. Even at 13 cents it is still covered so no big deal there. I do pay the paypal fee for printing postage online, but figure that into the Paypal fees. Also at the end of the year ALL your paypal fees and Ebay fees are tax deductible, so are all your shipping fees.

Auctions that don't state S/H I hit the back button and the shipping calculator is notorious for being inaccurate. I agree if I want the item and I can get it cheap enough I will pay anything for shipping. I always figure the shipping into my bid price.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Buy the mailers 500 at a time on Ebay.. If you use Paypal to print your shipping you get DC for free.

Well a quick check showed me that now they are about 8 to 10 censt each on average been a couple of months sinc I bought any last batch was 500 for 31.00 delivered. Still it is alot cheaper to buy them in losts of 500 than other ways. >>

500 lot would last me 10 years!!! image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete