Home U.S. Coin Forum

Did NOT Get ripped off on this auction

2»

Comments

• flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I understand my problems should not become your problems, so if I have offended anyone here and I know I have, I apologize to you and hope you forget this. >>

It's not us you should be apologizing to. The board exists to be a soundboard for stuff like this. You should apologize to Tim. You flamed him unfairly, and still won't cop to it.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Murphy, issuing an apology was the right thing to do (though I bet some will not be completely satisfied with the way it was written). I'm glad you were man enough to do that in the face of some (in my opinion warranted) flaming.

I'd suggest you edit the title of this thread to reflect the updated information you have about Tim, even though that might result in fewer new posts, since the thread wont be as enticing for the flame lovers among usimage

Of course, please feel free to ignore my advice.
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Murphy I think you owe Tim a big image
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • I IM'ed him before i wrote that last post.
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions

• << <i>I IM'ed him before i wrote that last post. >>

imageimage
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Could have picked up a Type 2 in PCGS PR69DCAM for a few bucks more.... that way you we almost certainly get a type 2 and no scracth!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone wanna prove this isn't a type 2
    it has the rounded ends of the S
    all my type 1 have a blob mintmark.
    If I remember type two come punched weak and hard
    some clearer than others.
    I beleive but may be wrong that the coin pictured
    on this thread is a type 2
  • itsnotjustme, that's very good advice. I wish I'd done exactly that.
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
    First of all, I would like to thank everyone for defending me and for the kind words of support. I have to admit I was rattled by this experience. My father (bigjohnvt on eBay) and I have tried to deal as honorably as possible in our eBay dealings, and having my integrity attacked was a new one for me. Not a lot of fun.

I received a PM for Mr. Murphy apologizing for offending me. I wasn't worried about being offended ... I was worried about everyone thinking I was a crook. While coins are my passion and my love ... they are also my only business. Flaming me could hurt my livliehood.

I actually looked at the images Mr. Murphy posted, and the coin looks like a Type 2 to me. We have sold hundreds of these coins, and I think there is a distinct possibility that this one is OK.

Here are the images:

The coin I sent to Mr. Murphy:

Click Here

A scan of a raw Type 1 that I have on my web site:

Click Here

A scan of a PCGS PR69 DCAM that I have on my web site:

Click Here

What do you guys think?
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    T G I F !!!image

Thank god another happy ending.

Off to HAPPY HOUR
  • I think "having a bad day" and throwing a temper tantrum here on the forum - and IMMMEDIATLY call smoeone an "azz hole" in a pre-meditated, thought out e-mail are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!

I, for one, WON'T forget this.

You're most certainly added to my blocked bidders list, Murphy.

And I think I'll add Tim to my favorite list!
  • Hey Murphy!!image

I takes a big man to admit his mistakes and apologize. I gotta respect you for that!!

VTCoins...I added your store to my favorities. image

If I only had a dollar for every VAM I have...err...nevermind...I do!! image

My "Fun With 21D" Die State Collection - QX5 Pics Attached
    -----
    Proud Owner of
    2 –DAMMIT BOY!!! ® Awards
  • OK, cool, let's move on and continue to find TRUE REAL frauds. $14.49, NOT $15.00!!! Mark Feld and Joe, don't make me laugh any harder...
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Make sure to check out this thread, too. It's looking more and more like Murphy actually did get a Type 2, and spazzed out for no reason whatsoever.

• << <i>
    I actually looked at the images Mr. Murphy posted, and the coin looks like a Type 2 to me. We have sold hundreds of these coins, and I think there is a distinct possibility that this one is OK.

Here are the images:

The coin I sent to Mr. Murphy:

Click Here

A scan of a raw Type 1 that I have on my web site:

Click Here
    >>

I think you may be right -- it appears the coin may be a Type 2 anyway.

I was thinking that earlier, but given it is "blobbier" than other Type 2s, thought it might be a type 1. But on the type 1, the "s" has serifs that the type 2 "s" does not have. So this may have been much ado about nothing!!
  • Not only is Tim one heck of a nice guy, his wife is darn pretty! image
  • VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jason!

Your wife is a knockout too. Fantastic smile!

As a follow-up, Mr. Murphy has apologized and provided positive feedback for me on the auction. I sent him positive feedback, and I plan to take him off my blocked bidders list. I hope everyone who put him on their blocked bidder list will consider taking him off.

Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I sent him positive feedback, and I plan to take him off my blocked bidders list. I hope everyone who put him on their blocked bidder list will consider taking him off.

VTCoins- I really admire the classy way you've handled this whole thing! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Tim,

You're a real stand-up guy and showed a lot of class keeping a level head and dealing
    with this difficult situation in a mature, professional manner. I am also going to add you to my favorites list
    and look forward to possibly doing business with you in the future.image

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hi, I am poppin my cherry right now, this is my first reply to the first posted forum I read. I am very very new at the art of hoarding coins (lol). All I have to say about this is, " Tim, it was not your reputation that got dragged through the mud, in fact it was heightened in my mind. As for Murphy, I have had more respect for a tails up carwash token in the dirt." Thanks, and look forward to partaking in this soon to be adventure. : )
    Joshua P. Merchant
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    image MERCH!
  • pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• 10-1..altid
  • ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>10-1..altid >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file