Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A very minor ebay rant and opinions please slow shippers who leave town

In the last month I have made many more purchases then normal ( tax check) and several of my cards 2 weeks later haven't arrived. So I email and asked have the cards been shipped. I find it odd I have been given the same excuse from 3 sellers.They had to go out of town. Is there a ebay Wade Boggs card seller convention I was unaware of. If so I am pissed. Is there not a PO they could stop at or is there not one at their destination? All of these sellers took paypal. I can print a lable cut and glue it to the bubble mailer throw it in any mailbox in the US. One seller said he wont be returning home for 3 weeks. I am not going to leave a positive for him it will be Neutral and then I will get one in return. Should I sit here and shut up ? Would you be upset? These arent 2.00 cards. THese are of course 1/1's and others valued between 75.00 and 150.00 each.
x

Comments

• Options
    I might be a little on the understanding side if you paid through snail mail, but since you paid through Paypal I can empathize with you. I only accept Paypal when I sell and it's so that I can receive the money and send it the day of or the following day. When I pay by check it takes soooooo long, for it to get there, for them to cash it, for them to send me the cards. I don't think they have any excuse and probably should have listed in the auction their "planned vacation time."

What are their previous feedback ratings out of curiousity?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I hate that stuff, granted sometimes I need to go out and grab a special box, or larger mailer than usual and forget. Also, I always forget to get my money orders for non-paypal people. i always try to get my stuff out with a weeks time. if I go away, I will make sure not to have any auctions, or have someone ship it for me. If I am not able to do either of these, I will state in my auction, "payment must be immediately after auction, or you will need to sit down and shut up because I am going away".

FYI Also, paypals can only be disputed for a month, (I think) so if I haven't recieved my item by then, I would definately file with paypal.
  • Options
    97.9.......99 percent... one guy 100% and over 500 FB's ...not for long if it isnt postmarked the day he claims he got back. I try to be fast in shipping I sold An item Sat he paid I mailed it 800 AM this morning!

James
    x
  • Options
    I put delivery confirmation on every single item I send, so I just give the seller that #. Sometimes, I send items via parcel post. The post office says it will get there in 5-7 days most of the time, however it seems like it takes more like 2 weeks. I don't tell buyer that I might use parcel post, think they are mad because of that??? When listing a S/H fee, I estimate how much it would cost to mail, including what I have to pay for supplies. Sometimes parcel post is the only way I won't lose money on the transaction. Should I say that sometimes I use parcel post? how long is too long ot wait for an item? 2 weeks? one week?
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Should I say that sometimes I use parcel post?

Why do you use Parcel Post in the first place as compared to First Class?
    If you mail a card in a bubble mailer; the difference in price from Parcel Post to FC is
    a tiny percentage difference. I can understand the use of Parcel Post if you're
    shipping something that weighs 10lbs or more. Then it is a bigger chunk in savings.
    What do you sell/ship? To be honest, I've seen people state parcel post shipping in their
    shipping method and I see what it is they're auctioning (a single raw card) and still charge
    $3.00 for s/h. That is a joke. I don't even bother bidding. A single card in a bubble mailer
    will be .60 cents for FC.
  • Options
    I use parcel post for bigger lots, let's say 300 cards or more. For a single card I use 1st class each time. Parcel post vs 1st class for let's say even 100-150 cards saves me about $1.50 sometimes on shipping. So if it's 300-400 cards then I charge a flat rate of $6.00, and it usually costs me at least $5 just to ship. Most of the time I use 100 ct boxes to ship in, so I am not really making anything of shipping, perhaps a $1. For single cards I use to charge $2.50, but now I can get mailers cheaper, so I charge $2.00. Guess that is still high for some folks, I could try $1 and see if that makes a big difference on the amount of bids.
  • Options
    I personally don't see anything wrong with charging $2.00 for S/H for a single card. In addition to recouping your actually supplies/time/shipping fees, I also don't think it's wrong to recoup a tad bit of your Ebay/Paypal fees within this cost.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I've noticed that there's a lot more trash on ebay these days. I've already filed three paypal disputes this year (and have won all three).

All in all, I've had three sellers not send an item I paid for via paypal, and I've had two sellers not send me the cards pcitured in their auction.

So far, I've gotten my money back every time, but it's still a hassle.

• Options
    Did the sellers claim they had put delivery confirmation on the items you didn't get?
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    No, they didn't use dc. One never said anything to me - he ignored my emails and then refunded my payment without comment after I filed a complaint. The other two sellers never responded to me or paypal. With one, I got my money back through my cc after paypal ruled in my favor but was unable to refund my money.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there a ebay Wade Boggs card seller convention I was unaware of. If so I am pissed. >>

Yes, there was.. I'm surprised you didnt get the email..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there a ebay Wade Boggs card seller convention I was unaware of. If so I am pissed. >>

Yes, there was.. I'm surprised you didnt get the email.. >>

That was actually a great line, Boggs! image
  • Options
    Yea, I would be kinda jacked up as well. However, you have to realize some sellers just don't care. While its possible they had some sort of emergency, and if your selling tons of stuff I can see how there can be a legit delay. Since I really don't sell much, I always get it out the next morning. Having said that, some dealers such as Kruk cards recently and one other guy "jets" something or another must have sent it out the same day I paid, becasue it went half way across the country in 2 days and was in my hand. This is why I will always pay a tad more from the huge service oriented dealers with 100% satisfaction guarantees.

GG

• Options
    I wonder if Ebay will ever create a feedback area for shipping speed. It seems so simple, yet it would expose alot of sloppy dealings.

I won't hold my breath for it...
  • Options
    I love it when sellers give a specified amount of time they must receive payment by...such as 5 days, 7 days, etc....I then paypal the money and email them that MY card must be received back to me in the same amount of time or a neg will be given. I figure that if they put that kind of demand on the buyer, why can't the buyer put the same demand on the seller? FWIW.
  • Options
    I don't agree with giving a negative if the card isn't in your hands in the same amount of time. In order to get some items shipped to someone within 5 days, it might have to be sent priority mail, 1st class should make it but doesn't always.

I think the reason people want the money within a certain # of days, is so that they will actually get paid. I say 10 days in my auctions, but usually give more like 20 days before I am forced to leave negative on a NPB, and that's if the guy doesn't reply to at least 3 emails and 3 invoices.

Being a small time seller, it's also hard to go to the post office every single day to mail just one or two items. I end up going every 3 days probably anyways, but having to make a special trip for one guy would be a pain. Guess some folks on here, wouldn't care, they would want their item mailed out the next day, but that's unrealistic for a smaller time, non powerseller like me.
  • Options
    I do a lot more buying on ebay than selling, but when I do sell I usually list 20-50 cards at a time. I prefer receiving payment through paypal just because it is so easy. However, since it can take up to 4 or 5 days for everyone to pay (and I have to go to the post office to mail items because I don't have a mailbox at my house, and they won't fit in the common mailbox at the end of the street) I usually only go to the post office once a week when I'm selling. I just simply don't have time to go everyday. However, 3 weeks is totally rediculous.
  • Options
    if paid via paypal, I agree that waiting for 3 weeks for the cards is too long.
  • Options
    I am going to make an about me page and be-atch about slow shipping in it and explain After payment is recieved the item should be postmarked within 3 days not including Sunday. Or Positive FB wont be left.

<< <i><< Is there a ebay Wade Boggs card seller convention I was unaware of. If so I am pissed. Yes, there was.. I'm surprised you didnt get the email.. >> >>

Great I missed it again 5 years and counting!!!!!!%&*$@$%
    x