Home Stamps Forum

Wrinkle in Stamp

I have a quick question. I have a german stamp with little value that has a small wrinkle. I have heard about steaming it and pressing, but I am not sure what is the best thing to do. It is a larger stamp with what looks like a small amount of glue on the back. I had lost it, and when I found it I saw the wrinkle. It is not valuable, but it is from a small set that I bought when I first got started. I don't want to ruin it, but just make the presentation alittle better. Any suggestions? I apologize for the serious question, but this is the stamp forum. Thanks for any help.

CoachTom
Always interested in Hank Aaron items-currently buying Aaron OPC singles or lots-graded or raw.

Comments

• Can I just boil water and put a washrag over the top, steam the stamp and dry it between wax paper? I need advice!

Worn out and wrinkled,
    CoachTom
    Always interested in Hank Aaron items-currently buying Aaron OPC singles or lots-graded or raw.
  • Don't do anything with it. If you try steaming or tinkering with it, you will only make it worse.
  • I agree, once the wrinkle is there it's there forever. Scince you already know it has little value, I would just put it with the rest of the set and
    leave it in the albumn. It will flatten it out some without damaging the ink.

• Agree completely with Coinhusker and Laceupboots. Leave it be. image
    Stamps are miniature works of an ever-changing art.
    imageimage