Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I dont get it i thought gameused was dead???

Stumbled across this auction. and i dont see why it is this high?? i have seen game used cards #d /25 of hof's go for 20$ or less.

ebay link

Comments

• Options
    I think it's probably due to the "mystique" of Sandy Koufax, and that he probably doesn't have a lot of game used stuff out there.
    M39/10USNY:US1Cu10000:US5Ni3520:US10Ag94:US25Ag65:US50Ag18
    2000 Gallery PPI Registry Set
  • Options
    koufax has very little game used cards available and i think the fact that this one specifies 1964 jersey might add some allure to it (rather than just a generic gu card). but $405 is pretty absurd, considering you can get certified autos from him (which are just as tough) for less
  • Options
    Alot of it depends on how many Game used cards are out there of the player. The less they have the more they go for. Some of the common jerseys from last years Bazooka football were bringing in 12.00 to 15 on Ebay because the player simply does not have others available. Adam Vinateri got his first GU autographed card last year it was selling for 80 to 100 dollars at one time.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Koufax does have few GU cards out there relative to a lot of his contemporaries. They are almost all pretty short-printed, too, within their own sets. IIRC, his first one was in 2000 UD Legends and there were only 95 copies made. His other GU cards were similarly limited. And $405 is cheap compared to some of the past auctions for this card, both of which closed at $600+. Plus, it's Sandy Koufax who, outside of Nolan Ryan, is probably the most devoutly collected pitcher in the post-war era.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Why not buy a signed ball?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Koufax, like Clemente and Mantle seem to always get the prices.
    Good for you.