Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BCCG 10

Has anyone crossed BCCG cards? Generally, do they cross as 8's, 9's, 10's? I found a guy that has a bunch of 70's commons and I was thinking about buying them. any help appreciated. Or should I stay away.
My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY

Comments

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I've had a few of them. They've generally crossed over one grade lower than what the BCCG grade is. Even crossing over to BGS, I've had one go as far as one and half grade lower. From BCCG 10 to BGS 8.5.

I think BGS really hurts itself with BCCG. They should drop the whole component altogether if they want to maintain any credibilty.
  • Options
    in general, stay away from BCCG. There are still a lot of ebayers who dont understand the difference between BGS and BCCG. When they see the becket attached to BCCG, they think instant credibility. Therefore, they buy the card for the grade without knowing that in general...BCCG cards usually bump the grades up by at least 1. I've seen a ton of Barry bonds topps traded rookies graded 10 go as high as BGS 10's. In reality, those BCCG 10s are probably 8's.As the poster stated above, Beckett really dropped the ball by branching BGS out into BCCG. BVG made some sense, but BCCG was simply to make profit.
  • Options
    Thanks, keep it coming. Should I buy them? If I do can I expect psa 8's or 9's at least?
    My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Figure the only cards a dealer is going to submit for BCCG grading
    are the ones they know won't come back as BGS 9's or 10's.

Heck, maybe you can just put it on the submission form :
    "If this card is going to grade BGS 8 or worse, then please just put it in a BCCG 10 holder for me."

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I bought one BCCG 10 card.. A UD Griffey RC. It would have gotten a PSA 7 at best. Rather than keeping it I flipped it back on ebay.

Thumbs down to BCCG
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Does BCCG even grade anything other than a 10?
  • Options
    I just got in a bccg 10 to see what a ten looks like for them. It's just 1998 card, that was $4. I'd say it grades a psa 9.