Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What do you think??????

In the last two weeks I have had at least three other PCGS collectors ask me if I think PCGS is losing credibility. I would like to know what everyone else thinks! So here is a poll.

Comments

• Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    From what I personally have seen, heard, and read, I have to say that they have definitely lost some of their credibility during the last year.
    I have seen alot of coins that they have graded recently, that do not deserve the given grades, and conversely, I have seen an awful lot of coins that deserved much better.
    I know this is nothing new, but I feel it the consitancy of their grading has steadily declined this past year.
    I have many examples in my collection and I know of many more, that prove this.
    At the same time, other services seem to be improving the consistancy of their grading, albeit, they still do not have, nor quite deserve, the following, or respect that PCGS has garnered over the years.
    The problems can easily be rectified, and judging from this, and other threads, of late, not to mention what is running through the meriad of publications, they need to do something soon. JMHO
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Guess we've all heard and seen things that point to this being a fact. Sometimes the companys that get to the top will forget how they got there, what brought people to them in the first place. With PCGS, it's their rep. for being consistant, standing behind their grading, and the fact that as a rule you can buy coins sight unseen and know you wont get reamed in the process. Remember TWA, once the king of the skys? Papst Blue Ribbon beer? Chrysler almost going under? KMart? Sears, etc. etc.? Being on top is a balance act, and theres always some out there trying to push you off. It's happened many times before, and will again. I myself hope that the boat quits rocking soon. Another thing is, denial fools no one. Fix whats broke, and leave the rest alone. image
    Dan