Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1995 Irish 50th Anniversary of the UN 1 pound proof...hot

This little number is going to be one hot auction. This is the first time I've seen one of these on the bay of E and it already has gone past listed prices. It will be interesting to see what it will end at. I saw an entire set of these 50th anniversary silver proofs minted by the Royal mint which included 36 different countires going for about £750 image
Auction link

Comments

• Options
    Are you going for it? Seller claims, no Irish set is complete without it .image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    hmmmm....I'm thinking about it Dimitriimage
  • Options
    You'd better think fast cause I maybe interested in it too.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    You're not the only one ... image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Does anyone remember what this coin went for? The ebay link is dead now. I purchased one this morning in the original holder with box and paperwork.image
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone remember what this coin went for? The ebay link is dead now. I purchased one this morning in the original holder with box and paperwork.image >>

I think it went for about $150 USD Robert.
  • Options
    Thanks MSD. I'm feeling even better about my buy now!!

• Options
    All you need now is an Irish Easter Rising silver 10 proof shillingimage
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I've been looking. I'd like to find one slabbed though as I'm timid buying that particular coin raw. I guess in the mean time I can stare at the 1916 tattoo across the inside of my right calf.image

I've always preferred the term Easter Rebellion to Easter Rising. It sounds tougher.

• Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭
    The trick on those '66 10 Shilling coins is to find one in top condition.... I've found many that are "almost perfect" but never found perfection....
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson