Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Four reasons to sell the farm!!!!!!!!!!!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Reason #1.
Reason #2.
Reason #3.
Reason #4.

WOWZER!!!!!!!! After these, the other two for the set would seem easy, right???image

Al H.image

Comments

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it would really be great to own those coins. That is one monster 1915-S half. Just to have the original box would be neat and interesting.
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one had me in my Banker's office begging for a personal credit line. 1797 Half

Tyler
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How depressing.....I can't even afford the box.

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    Reasons to sell the farm, car, all valuables, and the clothes off my back....... and I still couldn't afford these.

What beautiful coins!!!

Jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    I need a bigger farm.

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Nah! I 'll keep my farm, thank you.
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    Better keep the farm. image

Wayne
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the farm wouldn't bring that pan-pac octagonal $50 home...but it sure is a beautiful coin.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    not exactly a flury of active bidders for those coins, in fact i see NO bidders.
    your not trying to bulldog these coins for your dealer friends are you?
    nonetheless, no law against it. just an observation. image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    We don't really need our house anyway.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I really like those Pan-Pac coins (the box I could live without).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i> This one had me in my Banker's office begging for a personal credit line. 1797 Half >>

As for the 1797 half dollar, the description read:

"PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE AUCTION or purchasing it now."

Since this item was pulled from auction as "no longer available for sale," might that also mean "Please call or e-mail to arrange to purchase this coin off eBay, since the FVF will be brutal for this one?" image
  • Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    The Pan-Pacs, my favorite commems. I've owned the half, but I sold it. This one has amazing colors. Most I have seen are dipped white, or have this ugly brown toning.

The origional box is interesting. Was there more than one 1915 box? The one in the Red Book looks different from the one for sale. Still, I wouldn't buy any empty box for $1000! image
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Cam

no bulldogging on my part, i've just always loved the Pan-Pac issues. i think in time i'll end up owning the Half-Dollar, Dollar and Two-and-One-Half-Dollar Pan-Pacs but the last two are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outa my reach. beautiful and weighty slugs, aren't they??!!??

ironically, there's also a PCGS MS67 Pan-Pac Half over at eBay listed by a forum member, a coin holdered two grades higher and priced at half the linked coin, a reflection of the tone and the toning craze.

al h.image
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    imageI could use some of those for my new setBigE's Pan Pacs--------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I could use a couple of them $50 golds in my collection. Cool coins.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    The Pan-Pacs are my favorite series of commems as well. I got the half, and like keets I expect to acquire the dollar and $2½ sometime in my life (I already scoped out a couple of the dollars, but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet) -- but the two big boys I can't see myself ever owning, short of a lotto win.

Still, there's always the pictures...

imageimage
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Wowzer is right!
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    That half is awesome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file