Home Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I hope he does not break Aaron's record.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>I hope he does not break Aaron's record. >>

I hope he doesn't either (I bet 95% of baseball fans don't want him to as well), but it seems inevitable. Maybe there will be an asterisk alongside his record for all eternity.
  • Options
    Balco Bonds is a big fat cheating crook....but he will break the record and there will be no asterick......now that they have made it a LITTLE BIT tougher.....the chances of his records ever being broken are low......Can't wait to see where A-Rod is at in 10 years though!!!!!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    There was once a big kid, at heart, who loved Bonds and all his steroid enhanced numbers. He hasn't been seen in awhile ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Isn't it too much of a coincidence that he's missing spring training and the daily barrage of questions regarding BALCO and his cheating ways?

He had all offseason to have this surgery, and he decides to have it now? In the immortal words of the Church Lady..."isn't that conveeeeenient?"
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Im not a bonds fan in anyway! but i will say again STEROIDS HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME!! the steelers of the 70's took them governer arnold s took them in early 70's!

so i dont care what anyone says!! there is no fact that ballplayers from the 50-70's didnt take them! roger maris 61 home runs??? he didnt get big neither did brady anderson when he hit 50!

there are so many different kinds of steroids that in no way could you tell how many guys took them!

look at basketball players now! compared to a long time ago. that drug is running ramped in nba!
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Kuhlman - I agree with your drift. But....Roger Maris?? That's a very, very, very long stretch. The guy had a short peak, batted ahead of Mickey Mantle and was a lefty pull hitter with a short right field porch.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>Hope they do not give him STEROIDS to help him recover from surgery! imageimage >>

I understand the humor in the thread topic, but it still doesn't excuse the ignorance and stupidity from the members on this board.

Sure, he will get steroids as he recovers. Many individuals who undergo surgery will receive catabolic steroids (steroids to bring you back up to normal standards) rather than anabolic steroids (which is what Bonds is accused of taking (and in my opinion did take)). I'm sure Bonds will receive some form of catabolic steroids to help him recover in time for the season.

You people need to do your research before positing such topics that make you look like idiots.

Yes, Bonds is a cheater, and a-hole. But he is also a freak who blasts 500 ft. home runs and I would rather have that than guys who hit 370 ft. home runs.

Another thing everyone keeps bringing up is that the "old school" players did not cheat. They didn't because they were oblivious to the benefits of steroids. If they were aware, I can guarantee you they would have taken them to gain a competitive advantage.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    dirty harry

i was just making an example not saying maris did do them but you never know.

now that guy in the picture above he needs to find barry supplier he looks a bit small image
  • Options

<< <i>You people need to do your research before positing such topics that make you look like idiots. >>

I did not need to research shit! IT was a freakin Joke. GEESSH!! The funniest thing is that I was making fun of most of the losers that posted here in this very thread (you included megatron) that have gone on and on and on about Bonds and Steriods. It is just funny as hell that you guys take this all so freakin serious! image
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine if Mantle or Aaron took steriods?

• Options

<< <i>Can you imagine if Mantle or Aaron took steriods? >>

I think the point of megatrons stupid rant was that they both very well could have.
  • Options
    Steroids are ruining MLB's image.
    Their biggest stars are taking them and getting caught.
    Bonds admitting while not admitting is a big joke.
    He took steroids for years, everyone who knows him has said this.
  • Options

<< <i>He took steroids for years, everyone who knows him has said this. >>

Who? can you please give us link?