Home U.S. Coin Forum

If tax season is favorable for you...

Hi, Everybody -

I'm just wondering if you've already got your tax refund spent, and if so, on what?

Personally, I'm going to have to pay this time around, so I won't be buying anything for a while.

How about you?

Dan

Comments

• dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    I'm paying in the five figures over the amount withheld already for 2004. I don't like tax season this year.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I have a very nice refund but I won't be buying anything with it this year. In fact, I'm probably going to cool off of coin purchasing for a while.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I would much rather pay than get a refund.

That means I didn't give Uncle Sam an interest-free loan for a year.
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would much rather pay than get a refund.

That means I didn't give Uncle Sam an interest-free loan for a year. >>

Spoken like a true tax lawyer, Barry (I never knew). As for me, my tax planning method (keep having more kids for the exemptions), is going to hurt me in the long run.

PS. I think I am getting a refund this year. Usually I break even; almost exactly.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Yep, mine is spent...on a new washer and dryer for my wife.image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Longacre,
    Not a tax lawyer, but my father's a CPA. Guess he taught me well.
  • I got my refund last Friday, and used it today to pay the taxes on my home, machine shop building and the personal property taxes on my machine shop machinery.
    BTW, my return was filed the minute the IRS would accept it.

Ray

• << <i>I'm paying in the five figures over the amount withheld already for 2004. I don't like tax season this year. >>

I feel your pain. I estimate I'll be paying 8k image Friggin AMT ate up my Bush tax cut!!!
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two very unpredictable K-1's coming any time. I am hoping for break even.
  • I plan on spending my couple hundred dollars to help pay off a student loan. Sure I could spend it on frivilous stuff, but I'd rather get one of my student loan payments out of here every month. Yeah it's only $55 a month, but having that money to spend would be quite nice.
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • I won't know for a long time. It used to take me over 50 hours to do mine including partnership returns and everything. We are farming out the partnership tax returns this year. Still I prefer paying because that means I earned more this time then the prevous year. However that doesn't mean I have anything left to spend image
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I paid a huge withhold in Dec to hopefully cover my taxes, at least I won't owe so much as to have a penalty. The withholding was 99.4% of my paycheck that month.image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file