Home Sports Talk
Options

Good news about TO

stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
Good news about TO. Not practicing yet and probably won't. He is running though and without a limp. Looks very encouraging that he'll play Sunday although no one can be certain how completely effective he'll be.

Interesting sidelight whether Mitchell will be the #3 or not with TO in there. Especially with Mitchell opening his big mouth this week. Every Eagles player knows how Andy Reid hates that. I would rather see Greg Lewis in there anyway. But Mitchell is still an Eagle and if he's in there I'll be rooting hard for him to play well.

With TO coming back, suddenly you Patriots backers ain't as confident are you? Ha!

Go Eagles!!!

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
  • Options
    Ummmm.. i am a Pats fan... and i am confident with or without Owens being in the lineup.
  • Options
    Although running is a good sign, whats more important is , is he cutting on that ankle ?

My grandma can run . . but can she make the cuts ? Thats the question image
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Teeee Ohhhhhhhhhh, TO, TO, TO, TO, Teeee Oh, Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pats are a good team, but they won their last Super Bowl for awhile ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    <<< Although running is a good sign, whats more important is , is he cutting on that ankle ? >>>

Probably not cutting on it - I have a feeling that he won't even really test it until game day warmups to give it the maximum time to heal.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    wow you guys starting to talk it up against this pats team?? very brave!

ok heres my prediction.

Pats 27
    Eagles 23

mcnabb will be picked in final 2 minutes of the eagles drive to try and win!
  • Options
    Maybe I misunderstood, but I believe I heard a few days ago on ESPN that the doctor said he would not clear Owens to play, and Reid said the Owens must have the doctor's approval to play. It seems like every day they give a contradictory answer - hopefully Owens spent his free time learning who plays on the Pat's secondary image

Brian
  • Options
    Update: Owens is cutting in his routes in practice. Although not participating in all the drills and I suspect that he won't participate in all the drills until gameday warmups. Looking good for the Eagles...looking bad for the Patriots. Ha! Ha!

Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm amused this subject gives you Eagles fans such hope. TO, or no TO, will not make
    any difference.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    The Patriots had a GREAT run, but it's over. Brady's legend will calm a bit, but he is still a decent QB.
  • Options
    Isnt it funny how it is only Eagles fans who feel the need to run their mouth...lol
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I really hope TO plays. I can't wait for Rodney Harrison to lay a bomb on him and knock his ass out.
  • Options
    I hope TO plays...so when they lose 27-10 they have no excuses.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    skippy, I think that your alter ego is rooting for the Birds ....
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I, too, hope TO plays.

I don't want anyone giving any excuses (oops, I meant reasons) why their beloved eagles got their backsides handed to them.

And I want that no-talent hack Mitchell to come across the middle just once...and get laid out by the 'no-name' secondary.

Philly is going to feel the pain of another year with NO major sports championship in the city.
  • Options
    TO is not going to be a factor in this game. He'll play, and deservedly so. He does not want to accept a Super Bowl ring w/o playing ...

The Eagles got there w/o him, and they will win with him.
  • Options
    They got there without TO?

How many TD's did TO score in the regular season? What was their record with TO, and without him?

Tell me again how they got there without him?
  • Options
    Tell me again how they got there without him?

With virtually the same team that had gotten to the NFC Championship game the last three season prior to the Falcon butt whoopin ... the same Falcon team many had predicted would run all over the Eagles and the same Falcon defense that would absolutely hammer McNabb and his sorry bunch of receivers.
  • Options
    It has been proven that the Eagles can win without TO but how much is the question? I can think of two games where definitely without TO in there the Eagles would have lost - could have been more but I don't think so. It's possible that the Eagles record in the weak NFC would have still been 13 - 3 without TO. But the question is what type of 13 - 3 record? With TO, it allowed the Eagles to not only win more games, but to pull far enough ahead of the other teams so that in the last two games of the season the key players could be rested. So it wasn't a "beat-up" 13 - 3 team going into the playoffs, it was a well rested, injury free 13 - 3 team - that's where TO made the difference.
  • Options

<< <i>Tell me again how they got there without him?

With virtually the same team that had gotten to the NFC Championship game the last three season prior to the Falcon butt whoopin ... the same Falcon team many had predicted would run all over the Eagles and the same Falcon defense that would absolutely hammer McNabb and his sorry bunch of receivers. >>

Good lord I love the revisionist history of pheagle 'fans'!

It's likely the eagles don't have homefield advantage without TO in the regular season, and then, who knows?