Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Silence Before the Storm

Here I sit in anticipation of the impending storm which shall fall upon this board,
Knowing not if I shall survive the cut, or live to join my companions for another day.

Best Wishes,
Your friend
billa1@verizon.net

Bill

Comments

• Options
    Hey, my intitial comment seems to have had some poetic flair, so how about this one:

Sit aft of me ye PSA and grading rubes,
    and we'll submit our cards in plastic cubes,
    and by our flips, memberships, and the grading man,
    Hopefully, by God, our posts will survive the can!

your friend,

Bill
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    You threw a party and nobody came.

You are taking this way too serious. Children are dying in the world and your about to pass out
    over this?

Your projecting the "impact" of your "storm" as though your are some kind of insurgent.

Why do people much more successful than you, with a deeper collecting knowledge, that possess much larger collections than
    your not respond?

Because this is old news, the facts have LONG been known by the people that needed to know them. We were given the inside
    info years before YOU REGISTERED LAST MONTH.

Reasonable people have long ago determined the impact to their collections, and with much less hysterics.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>Here I sit in anticipation of the impending storm which shall fall upon this board,
    Knowing not if I shall survive the cut, or live to join my companions for another day.

Best Wishes,
    Your friend
    billa1@verizon.net

Bill >>

What a f---ing drama queen.
  • Options
    Other things people don't care about...
    1) Animal rights for chickens.
    2) The mating habits of the blue bellied sap sucker.
    3) NHL
    4) Bob Knepper's rookie card
    5) The price of pot in Amsterdam (OK maybe not)

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I realize we all have our issues that get us going but Billa... maybe you need a life!? I am very sorry you are so upset but you are acting slightly incoherent.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I have to agree. You are giving yourself, and the drama posted way too much credit. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I've called this guy a board troll and screaming for attention for days now.

He's obviously in need of attention and is not getting it at home...so he feels the need to cry out for it here.

• Options
    Gee, thank you Dr. Carew4me, Dr. bhl2359, Dr. Larryallen, Dr. ctsoxfan, and Street-dweller Axtell,

you are all right and correct.

Sorry I was trying to get cutesy with you all.

Sorry, forgive me, it won't happen again. Didn't mean to offend you, for you are all so sensitive to insensitive posts. I must get counseling. I am depraved and neglected and I was hoping you all could give some support.

You guys need to lighten up a bit. Anyway, proud to give you guys a venting post.

Your friend,

Bill
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4) Bob Knepper's rookie card >>

...wait it isn't listed in SMR...Petition time!

HEH
  • Options
    Thanks Billa. Actually just a doctor of law and we love people like you. People making big deals out of little deals often generates big legal bills. I don't do divorce law but you are the kind of guy that likely will have your attorney spend 3 hours of his time to get you the $10 toaster! When you are right you are right... keep fighting for your rights! Keep up the good work. Larry Allen, J.D.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Bill, sorry - but 236 posts about the same old news has worn a bit thin on many of us here. We have heard this already many times. I don't think anyone at PSA is holding executive board meetings about a poster on their internet forums - but you can think what you will.
  • Options

<< <i>Bill, sorry - but 236 posts about the same old news has worn a bit thin on many of us here. We have heard this already many times. I don't think anyone at PSA is holding executive board meetings about a poster on their internet forums - but you can think what you will. >>

This bill guy is so delusional he probably thinks Joe is personally handling whether or not to ban him...even if/when this troll gets banned, he'll just be back on another ID posting the same drawn out garbage again.

I hope they ban by IP and not just by user, and keep this troll off our boards.
  • Options
    You guys love this don't you? You just can't wait until I make a post so you can jump on it. An innocent opening remark and you guys go nuts. Ooooh, and a doctor of law. Guys like you, work for me, and I pay you.

Seems to me:
    PSA Lawsuit Interesting Reading Thread, 116 posts
    Why Do I Support PSA and Why You Should To thread, 33 posts
    WigWag Petition to Joe Orlando, 59 posts

You responding to this stupid, idiotic post of mine . . . priceless.

Go back to work.

your friend,

Bill
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is this, Billa. Your exact quote from a previous thread you created these past few days was,

"I know what I'm doing, all my cards are going to GAI for cross over grading. I've had it with PSA and if you were smart, you'd do the same"

If this is the case, why are you still so intent on creating new threads left and right. If you have had it with PSA and are going to GAI, why even bother with this subject or even this forum anymore?

Just curious.

James
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    I'm "delusional," you know. And besides, I really didn't mean it. Honest. I changed my mind.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Billa. Actually just a doctor of law and we love people like you. People making big deals out of little deals often generates big legal bills. I don't do divorce law but you are the kind of guy that likely will have your attorney spend 3 hours of his time to get you the $10 toaster! When you are right you are right... keep fighting for your rights! Keep up the good work. Larry Allen, J.D. >>

• Options

<< <i> I am below the Dixon Line, I know people who would DARE you to say something that stupid in public. >>

Good lord sir...you obviously have supressed rage and you need to vent it...however, venting on someone who you know nothing about is uncalled for.

And I think this quote (above) says all about you I need to know.
  • Options
    Dear Larry Allen and Axtell,

honest to goodness, and we thought we were being critical of each other, wow!

Gee, I have to pay attention to what I post here from now on.

Anyway, I guess that teaches us all a lesson now doesn't it: "Don't mess with Bill, leave my Billy alone."

Your friend,

Bill
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Just when I thought I wouldn't be entertained today. WOW!!!!!!!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

Wow.....that was a little unexpected.

In any event, very well thought out and very articulate.image
  • Options
    Koby,

honest, I put a little cutesy thing to start this off with, and what a response to the guy who went ape over what I wrote, which — in reality — was basically nothing but crap, and then WHAM!

God, I love coming to work.

Bill

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I hear ya Shag!!

Good for you.
  • Options
    My guess is that he just woke up and has nothing to put in the bong.

You should go give your suburban wife some attention, if you don't, she'll be jogging down the road with her ass/cleavage hanging out, looking for that attention elsewhere. ...

I almost want to laugh but I think he wrote it as a real rant and want to say that either way that crap like that is not needed on these message boards. Took the eyeball off you for a little bit eh Bill.

Jim
    Buy anything for cheap and sell for more.
  • Options
    skigropple,

yes, and whew!! Just in the nick of time.

hey, axtell, do you want to make amends?

Bill
  • Options
    Dear Mr. Falcons420-
    Well, I can not resist responding to your email. Sadly I have work to do so can't give a proper response to all you said. I think in summation we all have different backgrounds and there probably is a mix of good and bad in all of us. I grew up in Los Angles (city not the burbs) and spent 11th grade (1985) in your south. WOW! What an eternity that 8 months was. I could write a nice long book about my time down there in eastern Tennessee. Gatlinburg to be exact. You know it and you have been there. You probably LOVE it there. It is one of the #1 tourist destinations in the south. It is a working class, wrestling (pardon me, "wrass-ling") fans, neckcar watching PARADISE! Mini golf, wax museums and country music shows! Yeeeeee haw! Learning of such bigotry, idiocy and homophobism that I did that year shocked this big city boy. I moved on to college (not a 2 year degree like you are still working on) and then law school. If you could graduate from law school and pass the bar (or you managed to obtain some other advanced degree, other than from the school of hard knocks) then I would like to sit down over a pint and discuss all this with you. In the meantime I will go back to work, hopefully getting paid fair compensation for the work I do and hopefully giving back to my society more than it gives to me. I will then go home and be with my lovely family. My wife is beautiful and I do have a son and a daughter. They are truly beautiful. We have pretty good values in our household and so I do not know if the variety of predictions you made are accurate. I suspect they are accurate for some. Of course I am sure the wives of you real men would never stray and your children would never do anything wrong. I happen to be flying into the ATL this next month but sadly am not a real man enough to tell you when as I am sure you would like to meet me so we could duke it out in the Avis parking lot while I wait for my rental car! I wish you peace my fellow human. -LA
  • Options

<< <i>Oh, and you probably swing a tennis racket or golf club like a supreme fa*ggot instead of playing a man's game >>

And I know people who would dare you to say something that stupid in public - above and below the Mason/Dixon line.

If you're going to personally attack people, how about trying to do it without saying something guaranteed to offend a bunch of others?

-Al
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Saying somthing way less then what this guy spewed got Toppsgun banned. Toppsgun may have had his quirks but he knew cards and was articulate. And would go out of his way for many.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    All of this nastiness over pieces of cardboard and plastic holders? Gentlemen, please take a step back and carefully think before you post such disgusting things as falcons420 did.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW!!!!!!! >>

wow. that's what i said too.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>God, I love coming to work. >>

I hate Mondays!!!!!

Mike
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Let's put a face to them hatin' words...

• Options

Priceless pic CON40. Even funnier if you re-read that rant with the pic in mind.
  • Options

<< <i>Let's put a face to them hatin' words...

image >>

Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    lets not talk about Southerners..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

Your comments were spoken like a true pothead......oh how proud your parents must be!

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm "delusional," you know. And besides, I really didn't mean it. Honest. I changed my mind. >>

That was a smart decision, financially and otherwise, not to put your PSA cards in GAI holders. Regardless of the way Joe O. has handled this situation, PSA would have to take a much bigger hit than a scummy dealer swapping cards before GAI or SGC would be better for your collection.

Nothing against those two companies, I think overall they are fine. But if you ever need to sell some of your cards, you want them in the most salable holder. GAI and SGC just don't sell as well. (Exception: SGC in pre-war material)

Example: 1972 Bench PSA 9 sold last night for $403 to a member of these boards. A few weeks ago, 1972 Bench SGC 96 sold (to me) for $186. Why did I buy it? To cross to PSA 9, if possible.
  • Options
    Thanks, Jrdolan,

Obviously, despite what others may believe, I have been a long-time supporter of PSA, having a vast collection of vintage cards in PSA holders. My issue, again, is this: what will the new policy, or what is the existing policy, or what is the new announcement from PSA per cards that may have been switched. The basic question is this: is there a fund still existing from Wiwag to help collectors who may have a bad card in a holder, or is there a policy from PSA to help collector's recoup their investment. What I am afraid of — for all collectors — is that if a card is submitted for review to PSA (for example, Frank's $6200 PSA 9 Rose) that PSA would simply crack the card out of the holder, send it back to the collector raw and state that it was trimmed. Originally, there was a Wiwag enforcement act in place to make Wiwag pay for the cards. Now, it has come to light, that as many as 25,000 cards may have been put in fresh, new holders with a sealing machine. Let's say, for example, that of my 400+ high-end, high-priced cards, I have three or four that have been altered. I don't have the answers. And I admit here that PSA has been put in a situation in which I would not want my company to be in. I am a person who would never take a suspected card and put in on eBay to pass on to another collector and stick them with the problem. If the end result is: All collectors are going to eat their Wiwag cards, so be it, live and learn, a lesson of life, but, I think we all need to know what those cards are: for the betterment of the hobby. That is why I think a list of Wiwag graded cert numbers would be a great starting point. At least I could recoup 10% of my loss on my income tax under theft. And PSA could help with a document and a policy. Perhaps — with the help of many of the attorneys who submit to this board — we could nail Wiwag with a class action suit. As many have put it here: "We need to take the steps, so when we look at a PSA card in a holder, we know it is legitimate." That is why we buy PSA cards . . . to know they are legitimate.

I know a couple of the guys will now jump on here and say I am PSA bashing again or I am a troll, but this is not the case. I am a huge PSA supporter, but we need answers and we need informed and we need to weed out the bad cards.

Thanks,

Your friend,
    Bill
  • Options
    Billa,

Falcon must be the over-achieving brother in your family!

Clown, you've been served and served hard.

I get a warm chuckle knowing their are adult males out there like you AND your
    brother falcon. We need losers like you to point and laugh at. Folks, this what we get when
    there are no father's around. Emotional, hysteric males with dramatic female tendencies.

Keep it up...we like being entertained!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Hi, carew,

Actually, the fam is very proud of the falc, as he graduated from 6th grade, 22nd in his class of 24. I only made it to the 4th. But, we did learn the difference between "there" and "their." The falcon taught me everything I know about collecting. He also "learned" me about folks who can't make an intelligent point, unless they insult people. Can't you carry on an intelligent debate?

Bill
  • Options
    Oh, did I fail to mention that you and others have that "don't ask, don't tell" mentality.
    It's like knowingly passing along counterfit bills and pretending to be ignorant.
    Sgt. Shultz: "I know nothing... Nothing!"

• Options
    Can't you carry on an intelligent debate?

WITH WHO?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Carew, Carew, Carew . . .

The first rule of speaking intelligently is to use correct grammar:

"With Whom?"

Not: "With who?"

Thank you,

Bill
  • Options
    It's sort of funny but that Falcon guy was such an idiot yesterday that I was starting to think Billa wasn't so bad. Particularly after Billa made some acknowledgement that he was just spouting off. Other people mentioned that Falcon had taken the heat off of Billa. However, now as Billa continues to rant and rave and nitpick grammar and spout other nonesense I am thinking he really is the idiot and maybe Falcon is just another name so he can do multiple posts. Billa- STOP! You are really annoying.
    P.S. Yes, Billa I know that was a run-on sentance, I know my grammar sucks and I know I do not spell very well. You do not need to mention any of those things.
  • Options
    Billa,Billa,Billa

I tailor my responses to the intellectual capacity of the audience that is receiving it.

No more attention. I have work to do and you have Taco meat to thaw before the lunch rush.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Larry Allen,

No, Billa is not ranting and raving, it is against his principles.

You people take great satisfaction in throwing jabs, or should I say, hailmakers, not knowing in which direction they originate. You do not like the subject, so you make false allegations, and resort to name calling, such as, "Falcon is just another name so he can do multiple posts." Sorry, I do not stoop to such low tactics.

Please reread the last several threads. I make points, and ask questions, and perhaps create a discussion to resolve the issue.

In fact, Larry Allen, you made the following post in the last day or two: “I am sorry for not knowing more about this but is the lawsuit just about this wigwa deal? Or were there other problems with PSA grades? Why doesn't Joe Orlando have his attorney write some sort of letter summarizing the settlement? As an attorney, myself, I see this as a reasonable request.”

But, yet, you jump on me for discussing the same issue. If I would have posted the above comment, I am sure I would have received many negative statements.

Again, many do not like the topic, so they go after the author and namecalling. Why is it that people can take shots at me, yet when I respond to those negative remarks, it is also not accepted.

Being an attorney, if you would wish to learn the facts, I believe you will understand the issue which confronts us all. Perhaps, you would see the harm behind all of this. This is not an issue concerning, "What is your favorite card?" It is an issue involving, "Is your favorite card real?"

Larry, you are an extremely bright and thoughtful individual. You need only read your response to Falcon to see your heart is in the right place.

Thus, in conclusion, don't join the Klan.

Your friend,
    Bill
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I tailor my responses to the intellectual capacity of the audience that is receiving it. >>

Just what are you getting at here?

You think we're all stupid or something?

(I'm not serious)
  • Options
    Billa-
    I know almost nothing about the Joe Orlando/Wigwa/psa lawsuit. I want to know more. I am not against your posts if they stay relatively on point. My reading of your posts is that you start out with a point about the lawsuit and then get very fired up, get into a back and forth email exchange and then basically start nanner-nanner-nanner name calling. I am suggesting that the back and forth dribble-drabble is annoying. Tell me about the lawsuit in a concise fashion but cut down your bickering. Not everybody will agree with you but some people will. To this point I still do not totally get the scope of the lawsuit and the problems that PSA had. I will say, contrary to what someone said yesterday, you generally do not shell out $600ger unless you are likely to lose. Settlements to avoid attorney fees are $5,000, $15,000 and maybe to a VERY large corporation a hundred thousand. However, in my experience most companies are willing to fight a little if they have a good case. I am assuming PSA had a very had case... whatever the issues may be!? Back to WORK! Thanks for the fun. -LA
  • Options
    Larry Allen,

send me an email at billa1@verizon.net

Thanks,

Bill
  • Options

If PSA is hiding behind a wall of silence, at least we can enjoy the view!!

Mike