Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

IHC 88/7 variety

Does anyone have a close up of this variety? I think I may have one but the coin is AG and pitted in spots and I don't have a good enough camera to take a good pic. Thanks for the replies.

Comments

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

From Rick Snow's website. It's from the Lakesammman collection.

Dennis
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a better closeup. Actually, the 1888/7 pictured above was the trade-in to acquire my PCGS 64RB.

Link to Closeup
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Thanks. Is the 8/7 on the first 8 or second 8?
  • Options
    I will need to put it under the scope. This coin was cherry picked from a dealers junk box so it may be just wishful thinking. I see a blob at the bottom of the last 8 so there is hope. The coin is at best AG.
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the PCGS MS-64RB from the Larson Collction (lakesamman) which just sold for $85,000 payment just recieved, but it sold a few months ago.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    Check the date position if you can against the ones pictured.
  • Options
    The 1 in the appears to be in the same location as the coin pictured. Still need to scope it to be sure. Looks like the top of the last 8 has a blob near its' edge as well. I don't have a scope at home do I'll need to wait 'till the coin store opens tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    Are there any diagnostics other than at the date? How scarce is this overdate?
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Rick

is that cud or die break on the rim at 9 o clock another clue?
  • Options
    yea, the cud shows on most, but I suspect the AG wont show it.

For $4 plus return postage, I authenticate varieties.

Here's big blowup:

• Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    May we have more threads like this, please, sir? Great topic, incredible pics and info, history of lakesammman's wonderful examples (thanks for sharing), it's got it all. Thanks guys, you made my day.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file