Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Going down to Georgia

Not me, but one of my favourite British coins, the 1901 Terner PCGS MS64 half sovereign,along with a slabbed Maundy set of the same date, both part of lordmarcovan's 1901 set now. I'll just stick with my raw duplicate.

This is a well travelled coin. During the past 18 months, it left the UK and went to LA to be part of the first Terner sale by Goldberg, then it went to Sydney, Australia for a brief period, then to Athens ,Greece and now to Georgia. To celebrate this happy event, I thought of having a giveaway, just post to enter and I'll draw the winner on Wednesday, the day of my 43rd { image } birthday.

Winner will receive this:

Dimitri

DPOTD-1

Comments

• Options
    Lucky LM!

43rd, eh? You're still a youngun. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I hope Vicky has had all her shots, after being so well traveled, Happy B'day Dimitri, at least you are younger than I.

Nice giveaway, but I will pass on it....

imageimage
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Happy Bday Dimitri!! I can't help it when I hear something about going down to Georgia I think of Charlie Daniels...LOL!!!
  • Options
    I'm not far behind you Dimitri - I'll be 43 at the end of next month....image
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Dimitri - Happy Birthday - ah, to see 43 again......oh well, at least I'm not as old as the giveway coinimage
    Shep
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    LordM's darlin' daughter is gonna have one awesome set of coins image

Happy 43rd, Syraq !!! You're still a kid image

... well, from my perspective, that is image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    shep image, thanks for the nices wishes everyone, it will be my pleasure to spend another birthday, or at least part of it, here at the Darkside with all of you. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    Happy Birthdat "Biggie D" image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Dimitri! image You can wave to my brother if you're going by Atlanta...he works there image

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Dimitri!! You're not too old yet...image Nice giveaway coin!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

Dimitri -- 43 isn't really that bad. image

BTW, congrats to Rob on the nice score for your set. image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43 geez! that's old. Happy birthday D.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    43 ?

You're still a baby......ah, to be 43 again!! ]image

• Options
    Happy Birthday, Thanks for the chance in the giveaway.

Steve
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Hope the ice is all gone before you get to Georgia! Having lived in Atlanta, I can readily assure you that they don't handle such weather well.

I sure wish I was closer to 43 ... even 34 again would be nice. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday! 43 ain't so bad. Not that I would know....image
  • Options
    happy birthday
    43 isn't that bad is it???

Only more than double my age image

Jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
    Thanks for all the kind wishes. One bump and I'll draw the winner tonight. Unfortunately, the recipient of the half sov seems to have gone yeti again. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday!imageimage

Now go buy that coin from NEN as a birthday present image

• Options
    Thanks Cathy, I did. A very nice 1879 Cyprus piastre , NGC MS64 BN, 25% mint red, for half its value in Greece and with tied paypal funds. I couldn't have thought of a nicer present, totally unexpected after an assist by Terry (spinaker) .I love this forum, it's raining and it's cold, I have a nice fire, why would I want to leave? image

The winner is #10, Jester. Mike, please PM me your address. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HB2U! image

And thanks fer postin' pics of that baby. I'll have to find something "birthday suitable" to include in the trade. image

Oh- and you can bet that this one will be in my hands for a while, since it's destined to be part of Victoria's set. All too often, the nice coins in my own collection come and go, but the ones I am saving for her ain't likely to go anywhere in a while!

Oh, here's a pic of the Victoria to whom the Victorian coins will go. (I really gotta upload a new one- this one's from last Easter!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, BTW, that coin will be replacing my own raw duplicate, which is an ex-Aethelred raw VF or so.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    She looks sweet Rob. That's why I called this trade a happy event. These coins finally found the home they deserved all along. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    Is it to late to get into the giveaway????? if not enter me please

Byron
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005
  • Options
    imageimage

43 was 6 years ago for me. My own comes very soon. Have a great time!
    "Any fool can use Power, but it is our wits that make us men."

Collecting Penguins, Named Ship Coins and other assorted goodies

Looking for Circulated coins of Papua New Guinea

stores.ebay.com/Grumpy's-Cave
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    A belated happy birthday to you!

I hope to be 43 some day. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Thanks so very much for the wonderful coin, brother D!!! And I wish you many many more birthdays to come (even more than Wybrit has already had... image ).

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    even more than Wybrit has already had

Jester, I think you need a time out, young man. Are you trying to send poor syraq to an early grave or something?

Happy belated birthday syraq.

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Are you trying to send poor syraq to an early grave or something?

You can tell that this is an old man's club and hobby, just by the jokes. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> old man's club >>

Definately decribes wybrit.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Definately decribes wybrit.

That's "definitely," o teacher.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.