Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I like PSA this much...

I s'pose I still trust PSA! Just paid 40% over SMR to get a PSA 8 1971 Topps Munson. Yeesh! I was committed to getting it so I knew what I was getting into, but I wish I hadn't gone against dkronos to win it. My final bid got jacked up $70 cuz he was involved. Excited to get the card, though...

LMK if anyone is throwing out their Munsons cuz of the PSA "scandal". I'll come pick them up! Have a great week, everybody.

Comments

• Options
    Yea, and listen to me go on and on, I just paid $235 for a PSA 5 Goudey which is valued at $85. So much for trust in the system, huh?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doog
    Got a scan from the ebay sale?

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    doog71doog71 Posts: 405 ✭✭
    I'd love to scan it in, but I haven't gotten my mind around the technology yet. The item # is 5159642939. I asked Baseball Card Exchange about the white spots on their pic, and they said it was the scanner. Hope so!

Doug
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug
    That is a great card! When you get it, if you have the time show it off with a new scan please. I see the white dots in the plastic too. And more importantly, you really trust BBCXchange. Congratulations!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    doog71doog71 Posts: 405 ✭✭
    I'll try to put a new scan up here when I get it. I haven't dealt much with BBC exchange much before, but that's a whole lot of good feedback with no negs!

Doug
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Doug, if your dealin with BBexchange he will do ya right, They are one of the best IMHO.

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    bbcexchange is one of the best!!!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    A great, great card....the 8 looks beautiful. I think there is only what, one or 2 9's out there?

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice card!! I too hope those white spots are on the scanner and not the card. BBex is though top notch

Steve image
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Ah, so you're the guy that won that - I was watching it up until $350 or so, but I am sure you know how tough the card is. I agree with the board though, I have done a lot of business with Steve Hart, and his cards and service are as good as it gets.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice card!! I too hope those white spots are on the scanner and not the card. BBex is though top notch

Steve image >>

I'm pretty sure the spots are on the card. I have several '71s that have the same type of spots on them. It's still a nice card though.