Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Where did Vargha Go?

I was really worried about our old friend but I got this pic in the mail today. Our vertically challenged compadre is now wrestling under the name of "White Tornado" - he's the one with the Afro on the right - you can't see his missing right arm - he is not allowed to wear his prosthetic limb in the ring since he has been known to use it as a weapon! BTW, do not mention anything about his private "life-style" or prison record - it seems he had to sign some kind of morality clause or somethin.

Go Vargha...Go!!!!

Stone
Mike

Comments

• Options
    I had no idea he was sportin the Oscar Gamble haircut!
  • Options
    heh
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record:
    I was affraid that some of the new people wouldn't get the humor - for those who may not know - Vargha described himself as a one armed Black gay dyslexic midget with a prison record.

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I know he described himself as that, but was he just joking or is he serious.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>I know he described himself as that, but was he just joking or is he serious. >>

Mike
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    My sources tell me he's studying hard for his audition for the new H guy
  • Options

<< <i>For the record:
    I was affraid that some of the new people wouldn't get the humor - for those who may not know - Vargha described himself as a one armed Black gay dyslexic midget with a prison record.

Stone >>

Stone,

I'm not asking because I'm the least bit offended, but what is the humor in this description that seems to be so popular? Is it a slap against political correctness, against members of those groups or something underlying that I'm not just getting? I'm not trying to instigate, but am really curious.image
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know he described himself as that, but was he just joking or is he serious. >>

serious
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I'll field the humor question....how many one-armed, Black, gay, dyslexic midgets with prison records have you heard of?

My uneducated guess is that there is not one in the world! That's what makes it humerous (in my opinion).

It's not a slap against anything.

I always laughed at Vargha's humor - some didn't. Some people will think his description was funny, others won't....it's really no big deal.

But you know...., now that I've attempted to explain the joke, it kinda takes the "sheen" off the surface.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For the record:

Stone >>

Stone,

I'm not asking because I'm the least bit offended, but what is the humor in this description that seems to be so popular? Is it a slap against political correctness, against members of those groups or something underlying that I'm not just getting? I'm not trying to instigate, but am really curious.image >>

Ya know...I never tried to over-analyze the thing - but those who knew David were aware of his own special brand of self-deprecating humor. Whether he was slammin PC? Not sure. Good question tho.
    I was just tryin to lighten things up with all this talk and and have seemed to create another potential storm.
    For that I apologize if anyone was offended. Vargha described himself that way long before I came to the boards and to my knowledge no one challenged him, so I think they got the humor?

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    cool.

You've always been a good guy Mike.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    now i understand some of you don't know sarah jane, so i'll tell you a little bit about her. she's a lesbian eskimo midget albino. she went to college and she started the lesbian eskimo midget albino student union, and 400 people signed up! there they were. hundreds of 'em - lesbian midget left-handed eskimo albinos. did i mention the fact she's left handed? she's left handed alright. girls got some strange hobbies. one of her hobbies is lowering children into open man-holes. which is kind of difficult cause a lot of the children are taller than her, her being a midget and everything - well, her being a left-handed midget - well, her being a left-handed lesbian midget - well, her left-handed lesbian albino midget - well, her being a left-handed lesbian albino midget eskimo. life can be really difficult on that young lady. she bit me once, you know. right here. you see this? left a mark. she was lowering a friend of mine's kid into the sewer. i run up and tried to stop her. i said 'listen there you lesbian midget left-handed albino!' and she stopped right there. and she bit me! i'm afraid i'm gonna... i'm gonna turn into a lesbian left-handed midget albino when the moon is full. oh my god the moon is full tonight! i can feel myself shrinking. i can feel myself getting left-handed. i can feel myself getting the urge to build an igloo. i can feel my skin turning white and my eyes getting red. i can feel - i can feel the urge to buy a suzanne vega album! noooo!!! noooo!!!! noooo!!!! auuggghhh!!! oh, ok, it's just gas.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    now i understand some of you don't know sarah jane, so i'll tell you a little bit about her. she's a lesbian eskimo midget albino. she went to college and she started the lesbian eskimo midget albino student union, and 400 people signed up! there they were. hundreds of 'em - lesbian midget left-handed eskimo albinos. did i mention the fact she's left handed? she's left handed alright. girls got some strange hobbies. one of her hobbies is lowering children into open man-holes. which is kind of difficult cause a lot of the children are taller than her, her being a midget and everything - well, her being a left-handed midget - well, her being a left-handed lesbian midget - well, her left-handed lesbian albino midget - well, her being a left-handed lesbian albino midget eskimo. life can be really difficult on that young lady. she bit me once, you know. right here. you see this? left a mark. she was lowering a friend of mine's kid into the sewer. i run up and tried to stop her. i said 'listen there you lesbian midget left-handed albino!' and she stopped right there. and she bit me! i'm afraid i'm gonna... i'm gonna turn into a lesbian left-handed midget albino when the moon is full. oh my god the moon is full tonight! i can feel myself shrinking. i can feel myself getting left-handed. i can feel myself getting the urge to build an igloo. i can feel my skin turning white and my eyes getting red. i can feel - i can feel the urge to buy a suzanne vega album! noooo!!! noooo!!!! noooo!!!! auuggghhh!!! oh, ok, it's just gas.

Mike
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    that was pretty funny
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Humm, I remember seeing those four wrestle against Ande the Giant about 20 years ago.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭