Home Sports Talk
Options

Isn't Hockey season supposed to be on ...

And does anyobe care it's not on

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    i'll probably care more once the super bowl is over, but i'm kinda surprised by how little i miss the nhl. the quality of play has been declining for some time now; i found it very, very hard to watch a regular-season game in its entirety last season. as far as i'm concerned, i hope they don't resume play until the league's many on- and off-ice issues are fixed. and that's from a diehard hockey fan. the average sportsfan surely doesn't give a damn, which does not bode well for the league if there's ever a resolution to the impasse.

i did read something yesterday, though, that there are at least a few people who really, really care: proprietors of bars that derive a lot of revenue from hockey-night crowds and merchants who similarly make much of their money from the sale of nhl-licensed products.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I do care because I love hockey and will care more when my only options are basketball and baseball which basically suck. It's a good thing I like racing or I would be SOL until next September.
  • Options
    hockey is over in this country......they have the greediest players of any sport.....
    they want the big MLB and NFL money...but their sport lacks the revenue
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I don't watch the regular NHL season anymore.. Just the highlights due to there being too many teams.. I do watch the playoffs religously though.