Home PSA Set Registry Forum

We have a new leader....

An impressive significant splash on the 1927 Churchmans Famous golfers Set registry is Peter Parker who has squeezed past me and my 3 year run at the top with an initial 7.11 rating. For those who do not know Peter, He is an avid golfer,golf card collector and just a great guy!

He did mention he may sell me some of his duplicates!!! I can only hope! image

Again congratulations, Very impressive for a 75+ year old set!

Dave

Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have the link?

What's your handicap...do you play often....
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    1927 Churchmans Leaderboard

I play as often as weather allows in Lincoln, NE and my Handicap is about a 6. I am heading to Tampa in April and planning a trip to St Augustine to the World Golf Hall of Fame, since that is a registry I also had entered at PSA.

Dave
  • GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Ok so I was wrong.....

Peter has now updated his update and his new corrected Avg is 7.39!

May go even a bit higher if he picks up the Bobby Jones he is looking to purchase. Again, Congrats This is VERY IMPRESSIVE

Dave
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    What a nice set...and great scans to boot. Thanks for sharing!
  • Dave thanks for the praise. I appreciate your friendship and help with vintage golf cards. Although there are only a few collectors of these cards, everyone I've dealt with has been extremely helpful and pleasant. Dave is definitely one of the nicest guys out there in the hobby.

For anyone interested, there's another high grade set of these 1927 Churchman small golf cards out there and this one is probably half a grade, if not more, higher than mine. The owner has only graded the five key cards to the set of 50 and already has the only two PSA 9s for the set. I've spoken with him and he believes a number of the rest of his set have a good chance at 9s. Let's hope he gets around to grading the rest of the cards and puts it up on the Registry for all to enjoy.

Peter
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.