Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pop reports

Why even bother? People crack them out... People crack them and resubmit.. Can't be very accurate. Although I'm sure the pop on 10's are fairly accurate since I doubt people are willing to crack a 10 out unless they're crossing over to another company. PSA, SGC etc should have online form where you can enter the serial # of a card that you've cracked out of their holder so they could update the population reports. A lot of people probably wouldn't bother letting them know but at least some will, making the pop's a little more accurate.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>PSA, SGC etc should have online form where you can enter the serial # of a card that you've cracked out of their holder so they could update the population reports. >>

I can't see this not being abused by people trying to increase value of their cards by reducing pops. Imagine someone cruising eBay looking for cert #s to submit. The only way PSA can remove a cert # from the system is if they get the flip back in their hands, and I can't see too many collectors being bothered to spend the energy or postage to send flips back to them.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Supposedly, if you mail your broken out flips to PSA, they will adjust the pop report,
    but some people have reported that they have done this and it never changed.

You just have to look at it as the most accurate tool we have, even though it's not 100 % correct.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"