Home Stamps Forum
Options

Arnold Schwarzenegger Stamps from Austria

DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
What a nice tribute to our governor! Austria has made a stamp in honor of Schwarzenegger.

Do any of you know how I can obtain a mint version?
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• Options
    You can buy Arnold stamps on eBay, the link is below. image

Arnold Austrian Stamps on eBay

Apparently they are sold out in Austria: Austria Post Office - Arnold SOLD OUT!

Austrian stamp of Arnold
    Stamps are miniature works of an ever-changing art.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I liked Arnold S when he was an actor hope he does well as govoner. image
  • Options
    I just won an auction on ebay for some Schwarzenegger stamps. It was a BIN auction Dutch style. I bought all three!! The total cost with shipping is $8.70.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! You see, your advice does not fall on deaf ears. I listen and learn. I can't wait until I get the stamps.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• Options
    DeutscherGeist,

That is great!!! Let us know when the stamps arrive and if you like them. image
    imageimage
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I liked Arnold S when he was an actor hope he does well as govoner. image >>

He doing as well as can be expected considering what he has to work with. This state is infested with Democrats.
  • Options

<< <i>This state is infested with Democrats. >>

As a matter of courtesy, you might refrain from using the Stamps Forum as a pulpit for your personal political views. image

imageimage
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This state is infested with Democrats. >>

As a matter of courtesy, you might refrain from using the Stamps Forum as a pulpit for your personal political views. image >>

1) You're actually right, but now that you've quoted it it won't do any good to edit it out. image

2) For all I know, laceupboots might be a Democrat and I don't want to insult her. On the other hand, she might call me "evil" and I love it when she says I'm evil.

3) It is an accurate description of California.
  • Options

<< <i>2) For all I know, laceupboots might be a Democrat and I don't want to insult her. On the other hand, she might call me "evil" and I love it when she says I'm evil. >>

clw, you are evil but as you know I'm a liberal. image

Plato, thanks for the ebay link I also bought one. image
  • Options

<< <i>Plato, thanks for the ebay link I also bought one. >>

Hi Laceupboots, let us know how you like it. image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I liked it very much. No US stamps yet though.
  • Options
    Hello Plato and Laceupboots,

I let this thread die without giving feedback. Well, I did get the A. Schwarzenegger stamps from some very nice sellers. The stamps arrived safely and in perfect condition. Sure, I am no expert stamp collector but I looked for flaws and could not find any. No marks, no fingerprints on the back (I really hate it when there are) and the edges are as it should be. Perforated edges could be problematic, but these stamps had good perforation.

I am really happy! I placed them in my expensive Lindner stamp album. You guys are familiar with German products, right? The Lindner album is a high quality insert book.

• Options
    If you're a Arnold Schwarzenegger fan see if you can get a First Day Cover cancelled from the small village he was from. Anybody know the name? I don't have a clue, but it would be something to get.

Jerry
  • Options
    I'm an Arnold fan but I haven't seen any 1st day covers. I'll be glad when the US makes an Arnold stamp.
    DeutscherGeist how did you pull this thread up after a year. Are they archived somewhere?
  • Options
    laceboots,

Hello! I got this thread out again because I had remembered creating it and wanted to post about my Schwarzenegger stamp purchase after finally receiving it. These threads are archived somewhere. I simply ran a search and it popped up.

I am still amazed at the state of this hobby. So few people are involved while tons are involved in coins and baseball cards. Was this hobby always small or is it really in decline?

I guess I would have to call myself a casual stamp collector, since I do not collect sets or series. I just buy what I like and that's it.

I collected more stamps in the early 90s while living in Germany. It was nice to get the annual issues every year, but became very difficult after moving back to the states.

I still have my collection as it was.

• Options
    I like modern stamps, though I do have a large number of old stamps that I collect for my Statesman albumn. I especially like the movie icon stamps.
    I too collect what I like, regardless of it's monetary value. My latest stamp-Jim Henson.