Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you think of the idea of PSA taking photos ( during grading)

Of your item being authenticated or graded? It is more then likely going to happen. A psa rep will take photos of your item being graded or authenticated. and I asume they could send them with your order. Of course I am guessing this wont be free.

James
x

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Of your item being authenticated or graded? It is more then likely going to happen. >>

What do you mean? Will they do anything with them or send them to us? or what. I do not understand.
  • Options
    Why do they need to take pictures?! the have graded like, 6,000,000 cards and made alot of people alot of money! They are the beacon don't ya know!! Your either with us or against us ya know!! Quit trying to indirectly say PSA is to be questioned in such a way they they need photographic proof that they are doing their job!! So if you don't have a photo, the card MAY not be legit? Is this what your saying? false damaging rumors, false damaging rumors, false damaging rumors, false damaging rumors...

saving ya the effort dabighurt!! See, mixing humor in with serious posts!! How fun!!

GG

just pointless sarcasm, no need to get testy!

But honestly, this would only seem to undermine their credibility if you do not have a pic.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG
    Would you consider turning on you PM?

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    its on my friend.

GG
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

goudeygold - have you ever been drinking with friends, and one of them has imbibed a bit too much,
    and they just keep trying to make the same point over and over and over again ?

Notice how everyone starts moving away from that guy ?
    Not necessarily because his point isn't valid, but because he just won't shut up about it for 5 minutes.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Are you picking up on my sarcasm wolfbear?

no hard feelings, i'm just fighting redundancy with sarcastic redundancy. Simply to show how redundant the redundancy indeed is.

I don't drink, my friends don't drink either. We usually just sit in a circle and pass the crack pipe. So when were done, we're all actually floating away from eachother.

Love the patrick icon by the way! Helps me get through the darn winter a little bit easier.

GG

• Options
    I guess it depends on what the photos are used for. For example, I would not mind a service where when I get my email saying my cards are graded and my grades are available online, that it also included digital photos of the cards so I could see the cards right away, or save them to my computer without having to scan them myself (and many collectors and sellers do not even own a scanner so that would help) and I could add them to my set registry even before I get it, and still have a photo with it. THAT would be cool. However if they are planning ons useing these photos in house, in their publications or a public database (without some kind of consent) I think that would be a bad thing.
    To me, it really just depends on exactly what they plan to do with these "photos" or scans.