goodwin auction- 69opc psa 10's and 67 yaz gai 9.5

69 opc bench and banks both psa 10.
67 yaz gai 9.5.
wow!
your thoughts?
Bob

Comments

• Options
    His auctions always have some great low pop cards. Looks like another great auction.

H. Walker
  • Options
    Very very nice!!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys
    I was at the Houston Tristar last week and he had a bunch of the stuff on display - the cards looked great!
    He had a 54B Williams PSA 9 that looked really great to me! Of course I didn't take a 10x to it or anything but I was very impressed. I have been looking at his stuff since 1989 and the guy is one of the nice ones in the hobby IMO.

You'll have to go to his auction site - the blow up would eat the screen!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    what's up with the registration on that yaz? the blue looks totally off kilter - at least for a purportedly gem mint card.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I can't get a very clear view of the bottom right corner of the Yaz card. It doesn't look sharp in the scan like the other three corners. Is there a speck or flake on it from the scanner?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>I can't get a very clear view of the bottom right corner of the Yaz card. It doesn't look sharp in the scan like the other three corners. Is there a speck or flake on it from the scanner? >>

Ah, you saw that too? That hopefully is an issue with the scan (as is the weird registration), if it isn't - then that is a sad "9.5".
  • Options
    I agree, the registration is screwing with my eyes.

GG
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    i have the catalog and the bottom right corner doesnt appear to be 9.5 quality. what do you mean the blue with the registration?

the bench card seems to be the best '69 card ever found-what do you think that will go for?
    Bob
  • Options
    There is no way the bottom right corner is 9.5 material on the 67 Yas.
  • Options

<< <i>i have the catalog and the bottom right corner doesnt appear to be 9.5 quality. what do you mean the blue with the registration? >>

see how there's kind of a light blue shadow, for lack of better word, to the left of the parts of the image that are dark blue, like yaz's cap and sleeves. the blue ink was not properly aligned with the other colors in the printing process.

and, yeah, that lower right corner looks like poop.
  • Options
    yawie- would that blue problem normally lower a psa grade or prevent a 10 if all else were perfect?
    Bob
  • Options
    i would say that it should absolutely prevent a psa 10, but i don't really collect psa 10's or even follow psa 10 auctions, so i can't say for sure. i've certainly seen 8's and probably some 9's with registration problems, which psa seems way too tolerant of. (when's the last time anybody's seen psa qualify a card as OF?) again, that's just my opinion and i'm not sure how psa guidelines outline the standards for registration.

others may be "centering people" or "corner guys," but i think weak registration kills eye appeal faster than just about any other problem. i can maybe handle this kind of registration on a psa 4 t206 common, but i find it totally undesirable on a high-grade card.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    No way this would get a PSA 10. The color is off, and the lower right corner has problems. 9 at best.

Live long and prosper.
    Capecards
  • Options
    yawie- that is what i have been thinking, out of focus. yes it kills eye appeal.
    Bob
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>No way this would get a PSA 10. The color is off, and the lower right corner has problems. 9 at best.

Live long and prosper. >>

I don't even think a PSA 9 would result, due to that corner. 8 at best.