Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Insane American Beauties

Anybody see the crazy money going out for these PSA 9s? Granted, there seem to be 2 or 3 people driving these prices, but, on the other hand, there are 2 or 3 people driving these prices!!!image

Auction #1
Auction #2
Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea...I don't know who classiccarl is, but gilmoviebest has the #1 set on the registry.

I was gonna bid again on the "Weight Control" PSA 9, but it went too high for me also (I'm #2 on the registry).

I've seen the PSA 9's from this set go for up to $275 or $300, but the two cards you mentioned got rediculousimage

Steve
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I gotta start keeping a book - I won a beauties card a few months back from somebody (different ID) and, when he sent the card, he told me he was classicarl, since he'd beaten me out of a couple of other beauties. I forget what his seller id is though. Seemed like a nice guy, if he would just stay away from the cards I want!!!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wow. however those cards are at least from the 1940's The 1965 topps Baseball set is going through the same thing. Cards that once brought 50.00 are now going for 5 and 6 times that amount. All it takes is a couple of hi rollers and.....I have 33 Mint 9's the least I spent was 19.99 the most (last week) 150.00 most were bought between 45 and 65 dollars. Im thinking maybe I should put some up too. My luck Id lose on them so You can bury me with mine.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mark
    Ya gotta love the cards but at that price? I would rather have a nice 7 or 8 for a fraction of the cost.
    How far into the set are you?

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Mike -
    I'm @ 50% with (3) 9o/c and (9) straight 8's. I have about 20 beauties to send in, all look like 8s and 9s (dare I say 10?) - the issue on most is centering, so we'll see what happens.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike -
    I'm @ 50% with (3) 9o/c and (9) straight 8's. I have about 20 beauties to send in, all look like 8s and 9s (dare I say 10?) - the issue on most is centering, so we'll see what happens. >>

Good luck Mark
    Please post them when they return.

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    In today's world, it's hard to believe that these cards were considered risque back in the '40s.

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA