Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Got Mail?

In context with what Helio was saying, what has the postman brought you?

How about posting some of your latest buys?

I got this nice 61T Hicks RC from Quality - aka Jay - highly recommend his ebay stuff!

Also got a topps vault cartoon art piece, a 73T candy lid proof of Bill Freehan.

And lastly, not from the postman, but I pulled a Trevor Plouffe auto from Bowman Heritage pack.

your friend
Mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Mike , I have a couple different Dwight Evans cards that look amazingly like this guy. Nice '61 !

Dave

I want to see the candy lid proof.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options

Magellan - He does look like Dwight Evans...eerie

The postman has been very good to me over the past few weeks.

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I like that Koufax. Sometimes I think I should put sets aside and just pick up the stars I always wanted.

That Plouffe auto is a nice card. The people on the Beckett boards love him, but they seem to love everyone except Matt Bush. He could be good, but I'd wait and see.

It was good mail the last couple days. I got Flex Mentallo #1 in 9.6 shape or maybe a little better. I also got #4, but it has a little spine stress and the corner got dinged in transit. Grr. Those are comics, by the way. For cards, I got the remained of a large lot of singles from TNT that they left out of the envelope from the last shipment. I also got a couple 9s for my 75 set. And I got my new credit card in the mail. I was thinking of "breaking it in" but instead I'll just go ahead and do a zero-percent balance transfer from my other card like I was planning.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Mike - that's a gorgeous '61 Hicks - one of my two favorite sets ('60 is the other).

I've been buying a lot of raw lately; I'll have a ton of pics to post when they come back graded.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx Mark and Dave
    Also Dave
    Here is a scan of the lid proofs I have picked up lately - also a Bando.

The Seaver has a nice crease, but when you are talking about limited proofs, you can't be choosy.

Data
    You're a lucky guy! The Koufax is really nicely centered! Great pick ups!

Helio
    Nice stuff - can you post a scan of the Flex #1 if you have the time.

Mark
    Look forward to your posts...wish I wasn't so lazy - never seem to get around to sending stuff to PSA.

Thanx for the kind words and sharing your stuff!
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Those candy lid proofs are awfully nice - they could easily become my best new friends....

don't worry, Mike - I'm spread too thin as it is....I'll just enjoy them through your posts.image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

Stone (Mike) -

Thanks!!

What is holding up that Hicks from being a 9?? It looks great. Also, nice score on the Lids... I can look at scans of other people's stuff all day. Keep'em coming!!!

Chris
  • Options
    I have been kinda broke latley but did find the cash to pick up this. the seller listed it as "ryan memrobilia". so not many hits and i got it cheap. a beckett signed by ryan and feller and a limited UD heros auto.

• Options
    going to try to resurrect this thread

imageimage

Got the mantle card a few days ago. Topps 63, 53 and 54 are my favorite sets. Since Mantle didnt appear in the 64..and the 53 is far too expensive, im contented with my 63.

The card on the top right is a 47-66 Exhibits Aaron. The bottom left is a 47-66 Exhibits Mays.

The bottom right (bad scan, i know) is a 1954 Spic and Span Aaron Postcard. I already have the 54 topps....all i need now is the johnston cookies to complete my aaron rookie set!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Got this 1/4 gem the other day, the reverse though just makes the standard.

Mike that 61 is sweet. Data those cards are nice too. Actually everything posted thus far is very nice.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree - nice cards all! The Ryan RC looks great for a 7 (nice centering).
  • Options
    I get home today and NO MAIL, sigh I have been waiting for an 11 card order.....Wait!! it is the UPS man YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Among the jewels I find this GEM:

it is a 1/7 and I got it under SMR which as of late has been almost impossible
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MD
    Very nice 63T Mantle! I never get tired of looking at them. The exhibits are sharp also...especially the Mays. Are you collecting the set? Grading it out?

Steve
    Sweet 9's! Of course I remember Hickman. Nice Rookie Stars also! Aren't you expecting something?
    Thanx for sharing guys!
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Looks like my space at geocities exceeded its limits...hence, my spic and span aaron is gone!! I'll try to put it up again.

Stone: Not collecting the set. I like to collect early cards of hall of famers, particularly aaron and mays. I saw the musial exhibits up for sale and was going to nab it, but decided i need to save the money. It's a really nice set to collect if one simply likes pictures and not design. And it is relatively cheap!
  • Options
    Major in case you didn't know....CU will host your pics, all is needed is a scanner. I tried a an outside host once and I too very frequently had them x'd out after my limit was used. I of course am talking about a free service.

That 63 Mantle is really nice. I need a copy for my MVP set. he was the 62 AL MVP.
    Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Win: I tried uploading the pic on here, but its larger than 50MB. I dont have photoshop on this comp, so i cant reduce the size. Have to wait till i get home.

I like the 65 set. I didnt list it as my top 3 topps set, but it is definitely a set i wouldnt mind collecting. I have the carlton rookie and its a beauty!
  • Options
    MD
    If you set your scanner at a lower ppi - I believe around 100, you can get the file size down - then upload it here. I don't do it since the lower file size means a slightly fuzzy pic.

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I got these today and they are the kind of cards that only a T3 lover can appreciate!

I'm planning on having the set completed by the time I'm 155!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone: I am getting more and more into pre war cards. I like the cabinets, especially the lajoe. I saw a fairly high SGC graded lajoe awhile ago....really attractive. Do you collect Obaks?
  • Options
    MD
    No on the obaks.
    I did also pick up this really nicely centered 52T Brown card. This is another set that I will have completed by the time I'm 169! Went under SMR - again, I was flying in under the radar that nite!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Funny thing about that 100dpi or lower requirement. The pics on the set reg can be uploaded to 150.dpi so I download it there then post it on the forum.

the one's I don't do that way I use 100dpi

Mike my pics look fuzzy?

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Mike my pics look fuzzy? >>

No Steve
    Didn't mean to criticize - just not as sharp as I want but definitely fine!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Flying under the radar...........that is a wonderful feeling. Nice 52 Topps Tommy Brown btw.

I had a Nm/Mnt copy of him in 52 Bowman.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Just got this one today. I am very very pleased. The T218's are great looking cards.
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    Gees, Mike - those are beautiful. I wish I had a batch of them. I wish there was a hockey equivalent. What the hey - world peace, health for all etc etc.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    Edited cause my d@#n pictures won't upload. But picked up some cards for my registry sets. 88 Fleer Bird PSA9, 73 Topps McCovey PSA7, 79 Topps McCovey PSA8. E

Edited again cuz i finally got it. E
  • Options
    Cadillac
    Are those the mini versions?

Nice pickup by your description tho - Lothar is doing the 87 and 89 Bkb set - not sure if he is doing the 88?
    I have a nice Stockton RC - I'm thinking it was 88?

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I got these two masks in the mail today.. Jacques Plante and Terry Sawchuk.

I'm not very happy with the Plante... What's with the pinky purple color in it? The second picture is of the real thing from the hockey hall of fame. Doesn't look quite right period, or am I just being picky? The Sawchuk I think is great however.

edited for spelling