Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Title edited to: This is weired and gonna be costly to someone

HUH?

I see botts has bid up a few cards from this seller, funny he/she aint bidding on the 3 I have up on the bay.

also I can't for the life of me see why the current hi bidder would bid almost full retail for a card so grossly OC? imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call Steve
    The seller has over 20K sales and a really good rating - this could just be a NPB moron? Just wondering?
    But you could be correct.

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Steve - ATGB is a good seller and I wouldn't think they would have anything to do with shilling. They sell far too many cards and I've had very good luck with them. BOTTS, on the other hand, just registered on ebay yesterday and has bid on 25 lots, all of them Mars Attacks, and he's high bidder on most of them. He/she may have just got a little overzealous in trying to top the high bid on that particular card, which, in my opinion, has gone far beyond its value. That high bidder is in for a surprise!

Edited to add: Look at how botts2005 clawed his way to the top of this one. Same methodology - I think he's just on a mission. If he hasn't bid on your items yet, just give him time!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol ok Mark thats why I said possible.

However this Botts guy now has tied the current hi bidder yet now backs off? 250.00 for a PSA 8 OC??? I have seen straight 8 not command that money!!

something sure smells here
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

also I can't for the life of me see why the current hi bidder would bid almost full retail for a card so grossly OC? >>

Colmorecomics is not new to buying Mars Attacks cards either. He has bought many PSA ones from me in the last few years. Why he would bid that much for a fairly common card in 8 OC is hard to understand.
  • Options

<< <i> Why he would bid that much for a fairly common card in 8 OC is hard to understand. >>

He may just put in a high number arbitrarily to assure topping all "reasonable" bids - I guess he didn't count on someone coming along and "bottsing" it all up!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    and....for what this is worth botts has bid on the same card in PSA 6 same centering and stopped at 32.00! I think that after I got to 75.00 on that 8OC my attention would have gone to the 6

I agree colormore is no stranger to the mars attacks set.

that SIGH you just heard was Colormore thanking God he finally got outbid!!
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>that SIGH you just heard was Colormore thanking God he finally got outbid!! >>

Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    He may just put in a high number arbitrarily to assure topping all "reasonable" bids

That can get expensive. All it takes is just one other person willing to do the same thing and next thing you know you have spent 250.00 on a card that should go for 75.00 or less. "All outting" with so much time left in the auction does not seem to prudent to me.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    that 8 oc is a 6.the buyer must like the holders.