Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Nike Promo Cards

Anyone know much about these? They're laminated, blank-backed versions of some of those colorful Nike posters from the 80's. I just picked up a nice lot of Gooden, Dale Murphy, Wade Boggs, and Michael Jordan cards and can't find much info on them.
Jamie

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Are they thicker....almost cardboard thickneess and have a hole punched on the top? If those are the ones you are talking about, they were advertisement pieces for dealers to sell the actual posters. The hole punched at the top was for a chain to link them together so the dealer could jsut flip through them. I have seen dealers in the mid-90s sell those for a lot, but have not seen any since then.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    There's also a Lance Parrish card in this series.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    PSA grades the non laminated versions. The Jordon card SMR's for quite a bit. I think it is listed in SMR as 85 or 86 Nike.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    thats the ones- thank you. ive seen the card set but couldnt figure out what these were used for. is there a complete checklist of the promos anywhere? someone sent me the list thats apparently in the new scd but it doesnt seem to be anywhere complete

<< <i>Are they thicker....almost cardboard thickneess and have a hole punched on the top? If those are the ones you are talking about, they were advertisement pieces for dealers to sell the actual posters. The hole punched at the top was for a chain to link them together so the dealer could jsut flip through them. I have seen dealers in the mid-90s sell those for a lot, but have not seen any since then. >>

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    The last time I checked on these cards the annual Beckett Americana for basketball listed the five that we discussed. I think there are more players though and different posters for popular players like Jordan.