Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1952 Topps Wings

Hi Guys
Here is something you will find very interesting and maybe some interest - here is a 1952 Topps Wings card back proof en Espanol!

The "Wings" series of 200 artwork pictures of airplanes is one of the most commonly-encountered of Topps early non-sports issues. First listed in the 1953 edition of the American Card Catalog, and assigned the ACC Number of R707-4, the Wings box bears a 1952 copyright date. The color paintings of planes, created from actual photographs provided by the Herald Tribune, are captioned on the front in large white letters. The card number is found on the back in a red panel, along with a written description of the aircraft and a "Friend or Foe" quiz (answer given on the next card in the sequence).

The "Spanish" proof:

And the front from the regular set - don't have the Spanish obverse:

The proof is obviously the back of the card - wish I also had the front but ya can't have everything in life.
Maybe some will consider collecting the set - I'm going hunting for the set in Spanish! I guess my two years of college spanish will come in handy afterall! Este es mas sencillo de lo que yo creia!

your friend
Mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    nice p/u!

probably meant for the central/south american market? Venezuela? maybe
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Mike, not only a proof, but a spanish one, and one which clearly looks to be in great shape.

Good for you - image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it weren't a blank back Mark
    Would really like to have the set in that grade! The competition for these since they are in spanish has been really interesting.

your friend
    Mike
    Mike