Home Sports Talk
Options

Low life Delgado protests America...but gladly accepts our cash

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
Text

What is wrong with those players on the Marlins that are American citizens?

Do any of these selfish aholes have the stones to knock some sense into this guys head.

Can this clown not understand that he would be hunched over in the mid day sun filling a cardboard box with produce if it were not for this country.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    He is low life for expressing his opinions? For saying he oposes the war? If he is a clown for standing up for what he believes in... then anyone who condemns what he says, then what are they? This is not the national anthem he did not stand up for... this is just a song.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Hmm where does he say he is proesting 'America'? He is protesting the war in Iraq. HUGE difference.

It's ironic how this great country was FOUNDED upon a group of people standing up for what they felt were injustices.

Now when someone takes a stand for what they believe are injustices, they are branded 'traiterous' and 'terrorists' and whatnot. Those who voice opposition are told 'Love it or leave it!'

You may or may not agree with his stance, but I admire someone willing to stand (or in this case, not stand) for what he believes in.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    How dare he not participate in jingoistic displays! The nerve! Someone does indeed need to put these uppity coloreds in their place.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line is that he is IGNORENT for not standing up during the anthem. I dont give a crap about what reasons he has.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    uh, i think you mean IGNERT.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Bottom line is that he is IGNORENT for not standing up during the anthem. I dont give a crap about what reasons he has. >>

Why is he ignorant? Why do you feel he doesn't have the right to show his feelings about the way in Iraq this way?

Would you be as outraged if, say, Tom Brady did the same thing?
  • Options

<< <i>Bottom line is that he is IGNORENT for not standing up during the anthem. I dont give a crap about what reasons he has. >>

It's not the anthem, it is God Bless America. I have no problem with him going into the clubhouse during it.
    Looking for...
    T206 HOFers in PSA 4
    E93 Standard Caramel
    EMail Me

My eBay auctions
  • Options
    Axtell and Shockman, gimme a break.

No matter how you feel about the war in IRAQ, you should still respect the God Bless America or the anthem, and yes I would think Brady would be a scumbag if he did the same thing, I dont know where you were going with that but obviously you are a little off so I wont look into it to much.
  • Options
    So no voice of opposition should ever be heard?

Give me a break.
  • Options
    Why play God Bless America during a baseball game?

It reminds me of 9/12/01 when everyone just had to wave the flag all of a sudden.
    Looking for...
    T206 HOFers in PSA 4
    E93 Standard Caramel
    EMail Me

My eBay auctions
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Axtell, this is one of the few times that I agree 100% with you.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    He did not protest America. That is a very disingeneous way of stating what Delgado believes in. Dissenting voices is what gave birth to America....Read history very carefully.

I see a lot of liberals or liberal sympathizers that beat me to posting on this thread. Nice to know that not all collectors are pro-Bush, Conservatives or Republicans. Diversity of thoughts and ideas is good, that is how we learn.

For those patriots out there that think opposing the war in Iraq is anti-American, it is actually pro-American depending on how you view it. This war has made us the Pariah of the World. I am concerned about America's future as I think we have made errors and used poor judgement and we will sadly have to reap what we sow.

Alas, this board is not about politics, that is reserved for the open forum.

Let us get back to cards.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>Text

What is wrong with those players on the Marlins that are American citizens?

Do any of these selfish aholes have the stones to knock some sense into this guys head.

Can this clown not understand that he would be hunched over in the mid day sun filling a cardboard box with produce if it were not for this country. >>

He DID NOT protest America, he protested the War. That's what you patriots want people to think.. you want everyone who is not in your tank/machine gun frame of mind to be called un-loyal or low-lifes. The real low lifes are the ones who are pulling triggers on innocent people. Yeah, I know a few people who would rather work hard(load boxes as you say), than to be a part of your illegal invasion. Those people made their beds with Saddam, let them lie in those beds, IT IS NOT OUR PROBLEM !! We can't take care of our own American people, but it's o.k. to go "save" iraq. That is pukefied. Just because someone disagrees with your patriotic massacre, does mean they are protesting America. It's Americans like you w/ this talk that makes the rest of the world pissed off at us in the first place. Let me stop here with one more statement. "If Jesus Christ walked the earth in this day, you patriots would have a special place for him, that would be a jail cell along with every other middle-eastern man awaiting deportation. " image

Wayne
  • Options
    oh, and to add to my above post. I know a lot of American Low-lifes who take that same cash, but your a patriot , which means you can never tell BOTH sides of the story, it's only what's in your flag waving imagination that you consider "truth" or "right"..

Wayne
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Well said Wayne!
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    It frightens me that these so-called 'good' Americans feel that any voice of opposition to the Bush administration or its policies means you are an evil person.

The author of this posts says Delgado 'protests America'....but the truth is very, very far from that. He is protesting the war in Iraq (along with thousands and thousands of others here in America). I hope his voice gives strengths to others to voice their views of dissent with this administrations' foreign policy.

I say more power to Delgado. It takes a big man to stand up for what you believe in, and and little man to fall in line with no voice of their own.
  • Options
    Praise the Lord. Dubya will save us from the Evil Doers. Carlos Delgado should be ashamed of himself. God Bless America and our saviour, GW Bush. Praise the Lord.
  • Options
    Axtell, Deutschgeist, I never said anything about it being wrong to protest the war in Iraq, nor do I claim to be a "Patriot" I am a "good" American though...thank you. God bless America goes a lot farther than just symbolizing the war effort! And yes I have a problem with opposition and personal views that have to do with sitting during the Anthem or walking in a dugout to avoid listening to the Anthem...I got it, If He does not want to hear it he can take his ball and go back to wherever he came from, how about that. I just think it is a slap in the face to this country and if you cant see that then you both are just to politicaly correct for Me.

• Options

<< <i>Axtell, Deutschgeist, I never said anything about it being wrong to protest the war in Iraq, nor do I claim to be a "Patriot" I am a "good" American though...thank you. God bless America goes a lot farther than just symbolizing the war effort! And yes I have a problem with opposition and personal views that have to do with sitting during the Anthem or walking in a dugout to avoid listening to the Anthem...I got it, If He does not want to hear it he can take his ball and go back to wherever he came from, how about that. I just think it is a slap in the face to this country and if you cant see that then you both are just to politicaly correct for Me. >>

What do you want to do? Force Delgado to listen to the anthem? LOL

This is a Capitalist nation...if there is a private business association willing to pay Delgado tons of money, thats their right to do so, regardless of Delgado's personal beliefs.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    who gives a crap what Delgado thinks, just freaking hit the baseball Carlos, you know nothing else. If you had to actually use your
    brain to get you out of a tough situation or to get a paycheck you would be worthless, as a matter of fact, 80% of ball players would
    only be fit to pick up my trash on Thursdays if they didn't have baseball. I'm guesing if they aren't thankful for that then screw em!

See the baseball, hit the baseball....is that too much for you Carlos?? Be lucky you work in a job where 40% is good enough...think about
    a fire fighter or a doctor who "hits" only .400???? Make sure you never have to rely on a fire fighter to bail your family out of your million
    dollar casa, or find yourself bleeding to death looking up at a doctor who has to hit .1000 all the time! America keeps you safe, never forget
    that!!

Im going to go vomit now.

JS

• Options
    I leave the room any time I hear a Starship tune, in protest of their use of Rock 'n' Roll to build a city.

Am I a bad person?
  • Options
    First stalin, doctors DON'T hit 1.000. They make mistakes just like everyone else.

Second, it's obvious you hold a certain disdain for athletes and the money they make.

The utter ignorance I see in this thread for anything that might be construed against bush's foreign 'policy' as hatred for america, and 'he should just go back where he's from otherwise'.

Freedom of speech, people. It's what your forefathers died for to give you. Don't try to take away someone's right just because you don't agree with it.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    yeah and out forefathers also burned guys at the stake for burning our flag...is that even a crime anymore? Im sorry what doctors do
    you know who hit .333??

...and please don't turn this around and make it into a democrats v republicans either. Delgado is crapping on America here! Sorry you
    are so blinded by partisinship that you think this is anti-bush.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>] Delgado is crapping on America here! Sorry you
    are so blinded by partisinship that you think this is anti-bush.
    >>

He's not crapping on America.

This is about partisanship...this is about freedom of speech, and standing up for what one believes.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    9/12/01

hey that's my birthday.........image
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Be lucky you work in a job where 40% is good enough

I think you meant 30% 40% would be a .400 hitter and we all know from our last conversation that Tony Gwynn was the last player to ALMOST achieve this.

Steve
    Good for you.