Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The nerve to leave a neg

OK so what's the difference between 99.8 and 99.6?

Time to risk a negative on a seller with a store who provides scans but doesn't include
descriptions, like of CREASEs across a Hall of Famer's face because his store is too big.

"Big crease on card not shown in scan / listed in description, refuses to refund."

Accurate, because I wrote him, describe the above and he tells me

"I do not carry a return policy because of the possibilities of card
swaping. That is why I state in my description that cards are sold
as-is. I also offer the customer to ask any question ahead of time.

I am sorry that you did not see the crease in the picture. Please
understand that I cannot possibly list all defects of the cards that we
sell. We give a high quality photo and offer answers to any questions."

Damn...do I have to ask each seller to hold the card at 8 angles and check for creases
before I buy each card? Perhaps...or perhaps its time to name names of
those that overgrade their ungradeds..come on Kaline Fan what's the name

ebay:1967topps
1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< I am sorry that you did not see the crease in the picture. Please
    understand that I cannot possibly list all defects of the cards that we
    sell. We give a high quality photo and offer answers to any questions." >>>

What a total jerk! If wanting to, please list this seller so we can avoid him. And yes, Neg him!!!
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I hate sellers that take that position. Please link the auction. When a seller says all cards sold as-is, no refunds - I examine the description and scan(s) carefully. If the scan isn't good or the description is hinky (for example, if the seller says: "This beauty is in absolutely excellent shape") then I back away. My question is this - how big is the "big crease" if it doesn't show up on the scan? Was the scan not good enough to show it? As long as you have brought this here, let's see the auction.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • I would neg him. That's just wrong. So what if you get a neg. He also should have left you positive feedback when you completed your end of the bargain: payment.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I have said this before; Snipe a negative, feedback can only be left for 90 days, so the 89th days 23rd hour 56th second, leave him a neg. He will only be able to respond and not retaliate!
  • Is there any recourse through Ebay for retalitory feedback?
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • <<Is there any recourse through Ebay for retalitory feedback?>>

Not anymore!! image
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    ~"I have said this before; Snipe a negative, feedback can only be left for 90 days, so the 89th days 23rd hour 56th second, leave him a neg. He will only be able to respond and not retaliate!"~

RipuplicaninMass - Unfortunately, although the listing is only supposed to last 90 days they often last a lot longer and retalitory feedback can still be left.
  • kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Give him a negative. That will alert future bidders as well.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>~"I have said this before; Snipe a negative, feedback can only be left for 90 days, so the 89th days 23rd hour 56th second, leave him a neg. He will only be able to respond and not retaliate!"~

RipuplicaninMass - Unfortunately, although the listing is only supposed to last 90 days they often last a lot longer and retalitory feedback can still be left. >>

It says on ebay "feedback can only be left for 90 days" I am unble to leave feedback one minute after that. I know cause I have missed my lastest neg snipe. I am not sure if the listings stay, but I am 99% (positive..lol) sure that f/b can only be left for 90 days.
  • GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Listed above are all negatives, this one is definately worthy of a let it rip!
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I would neg him as well, leaving your email address and asking future bidders looking at feedback to contact you for scans, etc. and the whole story.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Teddysballgame he pulled that crap on me one time.
    Good for you.
    have said this before; Snipe a negative, feedback can only be left for 90 days, so the 89th days 23rd hour 56th second, leave him a neg. He will only be able to respond and not retaliate!

Rip in mass that is just not true. feedback can be left for approx 90 days. Many have tried just what you imply and it never works.
    Good for you.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rip in mass that is just not true. feedback can be left for approx 90 days. Many have tried just what you imply and it never works. >>

Yep. This comes up all the time on the Ebay Feedback message board and people get that say "wait til the 90 days" always get shot down. It just isn't true.

Tabe
  • >>stevek: please list this seller so we can avoid him. And yes, Neg him!!!
    www-wheatstatecards-com

>>morrellman: please link the auction

Technically it was an ebay store purchase not an auction. See links.

Use This tool to see neutrals and negs and note
    it is dashes not dots in www-wheatstatecards-com. He's got quite a few that say the condition
    was not as good as expected. But he is one of these sellers with a million cards to sell,
    twentyone THOUSAND positives, and the good fortune that many left a neutral and not a negative.

and this link to see the listing

I did neg him and yes he did leave a retaliatory neg back. This after we discussed and he refused
    to take the card back despite a crease from the right edge of the card through McCovey's
    left eye, bridge of nose, forehead and on up through the O in "National"

Here's a link to the scan showing some of the crease

No more mr. nice guys at the buying end.
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

• << <i> this link to see the listing >>

At the risk of stirring the pot, I see a mark across McCovey's face quite clearly. It's not obviously a large crease, but it's certainly visible enough to make me either ask for a better scan or not buy the item period.
  • I thought the same thing. The seller gives no opinion of grade anywhere. All he says is look at scan and ask questions if you have any. The condition and crease is clearly visible in the enlarged scan. It's a vg card at best based on the scan and at $14 delivered it's not a bad price for a card with four memebers of the hall of fame on it. The seller also says all cards sold as is which to me means no returns unless he messes us and sends you a fake or wrong card. If this transaction reflects the experience that the other .2% of unhappy buyers experienced then I think the seller is trying to do a good job and doesn't deserve such harsh criticism.

ps - I'm not the seller
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After looking at the information...this seller MOST DEFINITELY deserved a neg. That was a very good idea placing that Toolhaus information with your comments.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How can you say the seller "definitely" deserved a neg? The scan in the auction clearly shows the crease, the auction makes no implication that the card is Mint, Near Mint, EX-MT, or any condition at all. And, at $14 - you probably were not going to get a PSA 9 card anyway.

Granted, I would think a professional seller / dealer would eat the lousy $14 in the interest of customer service, but he chose not to. He is guilty only of poor customer relations, not any wrongdoing worth a neg.
  • One more seller to avoid.
  • Interesting that sellers named staples in 2 different states raise the ire of so many
    buyers with their no return policies. Maybe they are brothers.

Staples - that wasn't easy
    Staples - no we don't have that
    -1-800-3-STAPELS - no I'm sorry you have misdialed since you don't know how to spell STAPLES
    Seller could at the very least say in the description that card had crease. With the diamond cut I would have thought it was priced that way because of it, not a crease. I do see a white line thru McCovey's face but could not tell it was a crease. To me 14.00 is nothing to get bent outta shape over. A neutral or a positive with explanation may have been the better thing to do in this case.
    Good for you.
  • people are too worried about negatives. If you got scammed leave one. Just don't buy from anyone that doesn't at least pretend to grade their auctions.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!