Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

submissions and presidential reviews

I know the presidential review is for coins submitted within the last 30 days. Has any one submitted coins for crossover and marked the submission form for presidential review if the coin does not cross? I don't want to play the shipping game and and I would like to have the coin undergo presidential review if it doesn't cross. Anyone have any experience.

Yes, I do understand they could just bang you for a few bucks but I am more interested in the coin than a few dollars.

Rich

Comments

• Options
    Rich,

Honestly I have not found the presiential review a good method to get a coin upgraded when it did not grade they way you thought it should. It is good for giving the reason(s) that they did not cross or grade the coin as you thought but sometimes they seem like excuses, but sometimes they are good reason, maybe something I missed. I have had multiple coins that I sent in for presidential review not upgrade at review but then upgrade when cracked. This, I think is odd.

I have not sent a coin in for grading and ask for pres review as well. I wait until I get the coins back. I sometimes pick up things I have previoulsy missed.
  • Options
    Thanks Clackamas

I appreciate the insight.

Rich