Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Rose is Rose

apologies to the cartoon.

A while back I showed an All Star Grading 1967 Topps Pete Rose given a 10.
Someone imagined that it was probably trimmed.
Looks like yes. Top left in the scan is the card now out of its holder.
Top right is an ungraded Rose. Looks a little taller than the one I got from Mr. Vitabile.
Other roses in lesser condition also seen.
What am I gonna do with all these Roses...put them in partial set
auctions, place holder cards etc?

Who's trimming the Roses?
ebay:1967topps
1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

Comments

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    '67

Wotta shame! That Rose is stunning, but it sure does look short of top and bottom borders. Sorry that has happened to you.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • When that card was in the holder, it looked to me that someone had worked over the top -- it seemed that the top of the card was a tad thinner than the bottom. Anyway, I guess it is a case of live and learn...I hope you didn't get roughed up too badly.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Who's holder was that Rose in? Sorry for being late to the show.
  • It looks trimmed on the top AND right edge.
  • >>Who's holder was that Rose in? Sorry for being late to the show.

All Star Grading gave it a 10.

So what's the right thing to do here? Submit to PSA, expect "evidence of trimming" and
    then sell it on ebay showing what PSA said, for the person who just needs
    to fill spot # 430 in their album?
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff