Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

player sets/recent submissions question

is it common not to be able to enter cards on a player set right after they come back for grading?

for example, i tried to add a 1993 finest card to my player set, and i get the "Cert number XXX does not have a spec number associated with it in this set." message..

the 1993 finest card is already part of the set composition, so why wont it take my card? this happened with 12 out of 13 cards i would like to add.. should i just wait a few days?
·p_A·

Comments

• Options
    55in88
  • Options
    Hello, Sorry about the blank post (I am still working on learning the ropes of posting) I may be able to shed some light on your problem. I,too, recently had the same problem. The way I read the message, even though the particular card has been listed as a component of the set, if no one has as of yet entered one of them in your particular registry, PSA has not assigned an "id" number to that card. I guess after someone actually tries to enter a card, gets the message, and forwards a note with their card's certification number, PSA will allocate the manpower to complete the process. Then you should be able to enter your cards. I was trying to enter 7 or 8 cards in the Drysdale Master set, and only 2 "took". When I looked in the other participants lists, none of the rejected cards were entered by anyone else in the registry. Even though the cards were already entered in some of my other sets, it seems that a new id number needs to be generated. As I am new to this registry stuff, I am assuming that I understand the system. Hope I have been of some help.

Doug
    55in88
  • Options

<< <i>should i just wait a few days? >>

No, don't wait a few days. Email SetRegistry@collectors.com and let them know the cert numbers for the cards you are having problems with as well as the set you are trying to enter them into. In a day or so Cosetta will fix the problem for you.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    ^ agree. She's very good about addressing this issue quickly. I've had it happen to me alot.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In a day or so Cosetta will fix the problem for you. >>

A day or two?? It's a rare day that Cosetta doesn't have the cert #'s added within a few hours image Seriously, I send Cosetta a listing of the card name, number and set along w/ the Cert #. That's all she needs to update your set.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    It is happening all the time since the upgrade. Yes they fix it fast, but it has become another step in the process. Frankly, it's a pain and I can not understand why cards leave PSA without a spec number.
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers