Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How much I love card collecting!

Boy is it great! I've met a lot of good people AND HAVE BEEN HAVING A GREAT TIME!

Comments

• Options
    If you knew he was a card doctor, why were you dealing with him in the first place? image
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i> Boy is it great! I've met a lot of good people AND HAVE BEEN HAVING A GREAT TIME! >>

I agree with you 100 percent.

This hobby is tough to beat!image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Unless you have in writing your agreement with him for submitting cards, etc. your legal recourse is going to be very limited.

I am sure you have gone the standard route of contacting him and all this has been to no avail.

Does he own a shop? You could always picket the store...I am sure after a couple days of you standing out front with a sign saying 'so-and-so will steal from you' he'd be a bit more open to reimbursing you.

Unfortunately in this day and age in this country, the burden of proof seems to be overwhelmingly on the the victim...I wish you luck in your reimbursement.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Revenge can be sweet! Especially if you play it in such a way as to not let on that you know....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    SAme thing happened to me. I had a ton of 52-55 mint commons trying to pawn. I couldn't find a whole 800 count box of cards??? I am well know in the area, and this guy didn't know squat. I called a few of my major shop owners and asked if 2 idiots, who knew nothing about cards, came in with a ton of 52-55 topps commons. On my 3rd call, the owner told me he sent them to "so and so" in Boston. I called there and they had my cards. MEanwhile this kid kept telling me I must have lost them. I called him and said "Great news! I found my cards" He was quiet and asked me where they were. I said "they were sold to "so and so" in Boston, and there was a check made out to your friend for the money" Never got anything through the legal system. IN short never trust anyone, and get everything in writing.
  • Options
  • Options
    Fair enough. Good luck with that. It'll take a big effort on your part to get anywhere.

Maybe you can get a sealing machine and sell him some of his old cards back......
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    A tax write off for an unreported/undocumented theft = RED FLAG

It's a welcome invitation for an audit.

The legal action is a losing course also because it costs you money (likely unrecoverable), as well as your time (definitely unrecoverable). Plus, you're also making the assumption that the guy is collectable, should you win the case.

And the police, they sweep petty theft cases under the rug quickly in most departments. The reality of the situation is that it is only money (and cardboard) that you are out, your life hasn't been permanently changed, your health uneffected... so aside from the money, and being pissed off for a while, you're probably better off letting it go and moving on.
  • Options
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the tip on this seller..

edit - nice group of negatives he has, too..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
  • Options
    thanks...umm I just usually email the high bidders and tell them what the seller really is.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Wow .... that's a lot of negative transactions. Thanks!
  • Options
    I tried to post all his negatives, there are 109, some were from a guy with a user name they wouldn'y let me post. It was kind of funny. Let's just say he was a signer of the Declaration of Independance, JOhn Han----! WOuldn't let me post the name "contained foul language"???
  • Options

<< <i>I tried to post all his negatives, there are 109, some were from a guy with a user name they wouldn'y let me post. It was kind of funny. Let's just say he was a signer of the Declaration of Independance, JOhn Han----! WOuldn't let me post the name "contained foul language"??? >>

I'm not surprised, this f**ker would make a nun shart!