Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

With ebay you just never know!

Earlier in the week I see a Gaylord Perry in 8 for sale on ebay with a BIN of 29.99. I have been following that card for a while and that seemed a tad low. I did a completed search and lo and behold the last 2 sold at 24.00 and 34.00 respectively. The 34.00 example was sold by 707 and the other by a fellow board member with substantial feedback. I watch the auction all week and tonite it ends at 47.00!! I bet the seller is very happy!! BTW the seller had the least amount of feedback and I assume from his name does this part time. With ebay Timing is everything.

Steve
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With ebay Timing is everything >>

WIN - I've noticed that too!
    It all depends on how badly the top 2 bidders want to fight it out. And for this reason its hard to accurately price many cards due to this volatile market...jay
  • Options
    Yes timing is key. I bought a few rookies at 6.00 to 7.51 a seller placed BIN of 7.99 I thought I would save a buck or 2.....nope it sold for 30.00 same card I had bought 10 of in previous weeks and never paid more then 7.51
    x
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Timing is everything! I will watch cards, buy dups, when people start bidding wars over years or players, I'll dump it again!
  • Options
    OHHHH.... I can top that... I sold a 93 Finest refractor Appier PSA 9 (ended on Jan. 16th) Link 1 and about a week later this auction ended Link2

My auction ended at $47, 9 days later the EXACT same card sold for $213. If there was any difference at all, mine was centered SOOOO much better than the one that sold for $213.

what a freaking joke
  • Options
    sometimes just a matter of who is trying to complete a set when and if they have to have it
    this week the sky's the limit
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    That being said- anyone who plans on listing this Sunday evening for a 7 day auction. THINK AGAIN.
    The end date would be the Super Bowl and you'll likely get a lot less views and likely lower sale prices.
    But, if you are a buyer it may be a good time to pick up a deal!

Ryan
    Collector of T cards and other pre war
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That being said- anyone who plans on listing this Sunday evening for a 7 day auction. THINK AGAIN.
    The end date would be the Super Bowl and you'll likely get a lot less views and likely lower sale prices.
    But, if you are a buyer it may be a good time to pick up a deal!

Ryan >>

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    JonB, Too bad you weren't the other seller! I see this happen quite often, especially with 1968 Tigers. Those prices really ebb and flow, especially the 9's.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    i bought an aaron rookie for around 700. Centering wasnt so hot. It was a psa 6, OC with no qualifier on the label.

One week later a centered PSA 6 aaron rookie sells for 600.

doh!