Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hello Heritage. Smoebody Is Gonna Be Pissed!!!Problem Fixed!!!!!!

Just got my lot from Heritage. I won a PCGS 1950S MS66RD Lincoln Cent. Cost me $48.50. Tore open the envelope and I got a NGC 1950 MS67RD Lincoln Cent that closed at $322 + Buyer's Premium and S/H. I hope the person that got my coin won't throw it against the wall. BTW, The coin looks nice!! image

Comments

• wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    Wayne
  • DAMMIT BOY !!! image

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my oh my!!

What did Heritage say when you told them?
    When in doubt, don't.
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    DAMN...Jonsey....it's mine!

Just send it directly to me.
  • I wish it was that 1957D MS67 Washington quarter I got outbid on. I wouldn't be posting about it. It would be mine!!! image
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• image And don't forget, Heritage says the seller wants it back too!!!! I've never seen such shoddy auctions. Geez.image
    morgannut2

• << <i>Oh my oh my!!

What did Heritage say when you told them? >>

I think I'll let them stew for awhile. I'm sure they'll call soon!! image
  • Write them an Email notifying them of the mistake, but tell 'em you go on a 4 week vacation tomorrow. Let them stew good.
    morgannut2

• << <i>Write them an Email notifying them of the mistake, but tell 'em you go on a 4 week vacation tomorrow. Let them stew good. >>

Damm!! You got an evil streak don't you!! image
  • TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, Boy!! I hope I get a Brasher in my Heritage Lottery mailing!! image
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Maybe someone has assumed your identity----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • I won #356. The 50P was 355, but smoeone attached 356 to it. Mabe it really is mine. image
  • So no one is gonna claim this Cent???
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    I think I'll start bidding in more Heritage Auctions.

Bid on the cheaper coins and hope that Heritage "upgrades" my wins.

-----------

etexmike

<< <i>Oh, Boy!! I hope I get a Brasher in my Heritage Lottery mailing!! image >>

Dang.....I didn't win the lottery....Only got the coin I won. image

By the way, do they always send out a "Free Auction Certificate" that allows you to consign the same coin with no seller's fee? Interesting concept....
  • MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    A little while back MrsSpud won a slabbed Roosevelt from Heritage for her registry set. They ended up sending her the correct coin but they also included a nice high grade slabbed Mercury dime. We looked up the coin on ebay and saw that someone else had won the Merc on the same day as the Roosevelt auction had ended. We felt sorry for the person who was waiting for their coin so we called Heritage right away and sent back the coin. They sent us a free book on collectables as a reward for our honesty.
  • I'm calling Heritage tomorrow!! image
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Wish it would have been mailed to me by mistake as a 1958 (p) 67rd..................Stilll looking and still wanting.
  • sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Tell them they sent you one of the $2M+ coins by mistake and see if they respond faster

• << <i>

<< <i>Write them an Email notifying them of the mistake, but tell 'em you go on a 4 week vacation tomorrow. Let them stew good. >>

Damm!! You got an evil streak don't you!! image >>

LOL Nice error.....
  • Called Heritage. Will send coin back tomorrow. Wonder who has my coin?? image
  • Okay. I sent their coin back today. They called me today and are recovering my coin. I hope I get a gold coin next time!! image
  • Still no coin. image
    You mentioned earlier:

<< <i>They called me today and are recovering my coin. >>

Probably ran out of fabric.

*rimshot*
  • Got an email from Heritage of an oncoming shipment. I wonder??? image
  • Got the coin today!! Heritage apologized and gave me a credit towards a future purchase!! Great Auction house!! image
    The coin on the other hand is in a new PCGS holder. It is a borderline MS66. image

• << <i>Got the coin today!! Heritage apologized and gave me a credit towards a future purchase!! Great Auction house!! image
    The coin on the other hand is in a new PCGS holder. It is a borderline MS66. image >>

You could not tell from the photo it was "borderline"? Given Heritage's crappy images, I'm not surprised.

• << <i>

<< <i>Got the coin today!! Heritage apologized and gave me a credit towards a future purchase!! Great Auction house!! image
    The coin on the other hand is in a new PCGS holder. It is a borderline MS66. image >>

You could not tell from the photo it was "borderline"? Given Heritage's crappy images, I'm not surprised. >>

No I couldn't. I thought with PCGS being tough I'd get an upper or PQ specimen. It is in the newer slab.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file