Home Sports Talk
Options

Donovan McNabb is an AFRICAN-AMERICAN QB!

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
Get ready for two weeks of hearing that over and over.

Taking wagers:

7 McNabb references for every 1 Brady mention.
6 mentions of "getting over the hump" to every one mention of Brady's 2 SB MVP's.
12 mentions of Doug Williams to every 1 Joe Montana

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    agreed on all the above.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe one day DM will just be refered too as one heck-of-a QB?

Nahhh. No martyr there!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    The biggest stories of the next 2 weeks are going to be:

- how a Pats win would cement them as a parity dynasty
    - whether or not TO is going to play

The QB race issue will of course pop up as well, but I don't think it's going to be the dominant story ...
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    No s***?
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McNabb is a great athlete and deserves recognition... but there have been many great athletes that never were appreciated or recognized. J.C. Caroline deserved more Heisman Trophy votes than he got in 1953... the problem is the majority forgets anyway.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I wonder if Rush Limbaugh will be making any comments about Donovan again??
  • Options
    I doubt there will be any excessive talk about McNabb's ethinicity.

If the media wanted to hype it, they would have hyped it LAST week...when there was going to be TWO AFRICAN AMERICAN QB's (McNabb/Vick) in a championship game. But I didn't hear a word about it.

So it's very unlikly that issue will spring up in the future.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Oh well....it is noteworthy, although irrelevant. Bringing attention to it makes it more relevant than it needs to be. I like the new Chunky Beef Ribs with Potato Soup better than the Chunky Sirlion Burger. What is your favorite?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>If the media wanted to hype it, they would have hyped it LAST week...when there was going to be TWO AFRICAN AMERICAN QB's (McNabb/Vick) in a championship game. But I didn't hear a word about it. >>

then you were not listening very well. I heard it several times that day alone. It was all over the place on sports talk the week before.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If the media wanted to hype it, they would have hyped it LAST week...when there was going to be TWO AFRICAN AMERICAN QB's (McNabb/Vick) in a championship game. But I didn't hear a word about it. >>

then you were not listening very well. I heard it several times that day alone. It was all over the place on sports talk the week before. >>

well I have ESPN radio on all day at work and heard it mentioned once...in regards to how it wasn't being mentioned.

• Options
    I wish they would go back to a week between games. 2 Weeks of asinine questions
    gets to meimage
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage