Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Boy do I get irritated when I miss getting a coin that I want ...

How do the rest of you feel? When I miss getting a coin that would upgrade my registry set, I get downright grumpy. Or, at least that's what they tell me at work. I had a couple of threads out about the 1938 Pr67Cam Jeff and a 1962 Franklin Pr69Dcam. I have a feeling the Jeff went for a lot less money than the BIN price at Heritiage. Although not an upgrade in points, I would have liked to have another cameo. When I called to check the coin had just sold. image

I saw the Franklin on Ebay in May listed at a very high reserve. The auction got no bids. I sent a note to the seller to see if they would accept an offer. They were moving shop when I called and couldn't locate the coin. I thought the coin must have been sold when they didn't call back. On a lark, I called this week to see if the coin was there. It sold 2 hours before I called. image

I need a coin fix.
Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I think some dealers play the "oh, I just sold that coin" game. I ran into a dealer at a show about two years ago. He had a whole bunch of 1921 P & D certified dimes. He only had goods and about goods. He told me he had just sold all the higher quality one to a dealer "over there." A year later when I ran into him again it was a complete de jevu! The same story. Maybe that what is happening to you.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    It's all a function of money, Badger.

Just like I'm coming up behind you in the registry, or anyone else for that matter.

RR
    <html />
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    RR

Most are coming up from behind

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties