Home Sports Talk
Options

Posting this for an Atlanta Falcons fan

stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am posting this for an Atlanta Falcons fan. Most people in Georgia can't read or write and have never heard of a computer or indoor plumbing, but he wanted to express his views so I said that I would be happy to do it for him in the spirit of good sportsmanship and sharing of ideas.

From an Atlanta Falcons fan...

Hey you all...I root for the Atlanta Falcons and I also collect cards of all my favorite Atlanta team players. I have developed some terrific pack feeling techniques that I use at Wal-Mart to try to find those special insert cards. I trim all my vintage cards so they look better and glue them into my scrapbook. Sometimes I submit them to Pro Grading to get 10's because they look so purdy in them plastic holders. And I makes myself some good money by printing up them Wagner and Mantle cards and selling them as real. I'm printing up some Super Bowl tickets right now and be happy to take offers on them - great seats right on the 50 yard line. Don't have the teams printed on them yet - just fill in the teams yourself on the ticket.

Sincerely,

Jethro

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thats not very nice. I lik the falcuns. I liv in georgia and we can reed and rite reel guud down here not lik them bumkins up in dem hills of kintuckey.

Great post though, that really got my blood boiling. That stereotypical bs about southerners is getting kind of tired. It will be tough to beat the Eagles in Philly, but damn I hope we whup yalls ass. I have to go now because I have to got outside, hope I can find a corn cob form the hogs pen becuase I may be in there a while.image
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    Two straight home NFC championship game losses to the "Nascar" division - maybe illiteracy does have its perks image
  • Options
    Jaybyrd - Not kidding...I have lived in Philly most of my life but my mom's side of the family is from the South. Me and some of my cousins (Falcons fans) have been smack talking all week - LOL.

My feeling is Philly seems to get "insulted" all around the nation all year long (and not just in sports) so now it's time to smack back a little bit! I actually think the Falcons have a nice team with a good young coach and are gonna be tough for years to come. But this Sunday ain't their turn yet - It's the Eagles turn and we are gonna kick some Falcon's butt and then do the same to the Steelers or Patriots in the Super Bowl!!!

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Man, I remember hick Steve Smith running down the field on you all! Or neck John Lynch driving McNad into the ground. You all are
    in for another backwoods butt kicking. The South owns you! Go ask Rocky!!!

JS
  • Options
    Two native Georgia boys walking down the street.....er dirt road, after a night of drinking.

#1 - "Hey Clem why don't we call your girlfriend and see if she wants to have a good time. You should share her with me since we're such good friends.

#2 - "Clyde, you just go ahead and call her, she's your sister too!
  • Options
    typical philly fans. Make fun of an entire state because of a football game.
    I hope they run you off the field.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    <<< typical philly fans. Make fun of an entire state because of a football game. >>>

Whenever it's a Canadian team I just make fun of the whole country - it's easier that way.
  • Options

<< <i>Two native Georgia boys walking down the street.....er dirt road, after a night of drinking.

#1 - "Hey Clem why don't we call your girlfriend and see if she wants to have a good time. You should share her with me since we're such good friends.

#2 - "Clyde, you just go ahead and call her, she's your sister too! >>

GET BENT !!!
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    << Two native Georgia boys walking down the street.....er dirt road, after a night of drinking.

#2 - "Clyde, you just go ahead and call her, she's your sister too! >>

Thought that was a west virginia thing? funny thing is atlanta is a melting pot of an a$$load of northerners who moved i being one of them. moved here in 1996. awesome city AND THE WOMEN FORGET ABOUT IT! THEY FINER DEN DA WINE!
  • Options
    So Kuhlmann you're from the North and have lived in Atlanta for nine years...How didya become a stinkin Cowboys fan?
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    grew up in NY love dem mets and i went against all my friends who were giants fans! i grew to be a huge tony d fan. so thats how it happened. im 31 so i didnt jump on no superbowl bandwagon sh$t. first game i remember watching was that darn catch by dwight clark image ever since then i die for the cowboys. bigger mets fan then anythng else though! ohh the misery!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Funny post - you Philly fans had better hope that you don't lose this game, however. It almost feels like there is no pressure on the Falcons at all, and that might be a good thing for them...but if Philly gets behind early, look out. image
  • Options
    Kuhlmann - Believe it or not I lived in Fairfield, Connecticut until the 4th grade before moving to Philly in 1965. I was then a huge Yankees and Mets fan. Went to Shea when it opened in 1964. Continued to be a Yankees and Mets fan for a few years after moving to Philly, but when you're that young and moving to a new area, I gradually also started rooting for the hometown teams. Wasn't easy at first when the Phils played the Mets, I didn't know who to root for - was hoping for a tie - LOL, but after awhile I become a full fledged Phillies fan and of course a fan of the rest of the Philly teams.

Hey I hear ya about Tony D - That guy just couldn't be tackled!
  • Options
    << first game i remember watching was that darn catch by dwight clark ever since then i die for the cowboys >>

Remember that game like it was yesterday. What absolutely killed me that game wasn't really the " catch " but what transpired after that.

If you remember the Cowboys still had time to move the ball down field. Danny White hit Pearson down the middle of the field and the defender barely got enough of his jersey to take him down otherwise the " catch " wouldn't be remembered like it is today.

Danny White fumbled either the next play or the play after to seal the W for the 9ers. I was 12 years old and still remember those couple tears that ran down my face after the game lol . What a wuss huh ? lol