Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

December $5 Special Turnaround Time

At the risk of getting rotten fruit tossed at me, I just wanted to say that I got another incredibly quick turnaround on my $5 '72 and up special from last month. This is the second one in a row that got graded in about a week's time after being received. My submission of 85 cards were mailed on 12/31/04, logged as received on 1/12/05, and grades posted today 1/18/05. I don't know if I just got lucky the last two times, or following PSA's submission instructions by the book made a difference.

I'm really happy with the grades overall...Among the cards I sent in were (9) '74 Griffey Sr. Rookies, and 7 came back as 9's. Not a blockbuster card, but I thought the results were pretty cool.

-Todd-

Comments

• Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    APPLE to the kisser.... ok that is out of the way.

Congrats good grades and or what about you expected is always nice. I just want mine I submitted a couple to resell. ANd want to befor others hit ebay.

James
    x
  • Options
    I have followed the directions to a T each time I have sent in cards and never had them graded earlier than the stated time periods. Not that I'm complaining!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Charlie, were they all the same year?
  • Options
    Nope...I had cards from '72 up to '85 in it..even one token football card. Overall, a pretty good mix of cards...Here you go:

Submission 567218
    Zip 26554
  • Options
    i sent in an order at month's end logged in on the 10th, nothing yet, maybe that means mine are finishing then. image 200+ from the same year.
  • Options
    PSA got my December special Dec. 27, still no grades. image
    M39/10USNY:US1Cu10000:US5Ni3520:US10Ag94:US25Ag65:US50Ag18
    2000 Gallery PPI Registry Set
  • Options
    hell, they got mine on 12/14 and still nothing...
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    They logged mine 12/9 and still nothing! I only sent in 20 cards.
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    I have 2 orders with them right now, one logged 12/28/04, the other on 01/08/05, no grades yet, on either sub.
  • Options
    See my post near the top. They received them in on 1/8, and they posted them today. ( 1/17 ).

Needless to say, I am a pig in $hit.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Anybody who has been waiting on the November/December special still waiting??? Sent 11/26, "logged" 12/9...still nothing. My credit card was charged in a prompt manner by PSA though.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting. Cards were logged in on 12/14.
  • Options
    logged 12/6..waiting...

edit: my grades posted today 1/25
    Always looking for signed Cowboys items from the 'Landry years'
  • Options
    logged 1/4 ... still waiting. Wow, some of you have really been waiting.
    Collecting Graded Cowboys. Especially Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett and Troy Aikman!
  • Options
    Has anyone actually gotten an answer of how they do the grading? OBVIOUSLY It's not on first received first graded - regardless of service requested... so what could it be? whomever's is on top of the pile at the time?? it's silly having submissions that were 3 weeks later than someone being graded 2 week earlier for the same service. Anyone?
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone actually gotten an answer of how they do the grading? OBVIOUSLY It's not on first received first graded - regardless of service requested... so what could it be? whomever's is on top of the pile at the time?? it's silly having submissions that were 3 weeks later than someone being graded 2 week earlier for the same service. Anyone? >>

THis has been asked over the years PSA has NEVER repsonded that I am aware of. Atleast with a real answer.
    x
  • Options
    Got mine posted.... 14 days since log-in. I was nervous to look at the grades it was great or horrible with no real in between. It was 182 different cards (204 total) from a set i decided to start in PSA 10 and about $1000 in fees. These were all taken from the best of the best of the best from 3 freshly opened cases of cards (picked the one or two best from about 45-50).

said a prayer that i didn't waste the money... and hit enter... the results:

116 PSA 10s out of 204 (110 different out of the 200 cards in the set). Happy I guess... but just leaves room for improvement on the others... guess i bust another 5-7 cases and submit the ones i missed on. nothing lower than an 8.

• Options
    One time I called them 3 times in a row asking to as why 2 seperate submissions that were sent in on the same day were entered 5 days apart and the 2nd of the two was graded first (26th day) and it was only 15 cards. Then the first order was graded on the 33rd day and it was 3 cards.

Their reply...."You got lucky".

LUCKY? How the heck is that? I thought when you wait in the line to use the bathroom that you are next in line as you enter the freakin room. It sounds like they just grab what they want. Anyway- I got 3 different answers to the same question.

Better yet- one of the cards that I sent in they got some crap on it and there is a piece (tiny thin sheet) of plastic from the holder floating around in the holder! Needless to say I think I am done with PSA for a while. Or better yet- I guess you get what you pay for. Maybe I shouldn't go cheap next time.
  • Options
    I sent an email to PSA and I would encourage all of us who have been waiting far too long to do the same. The response I got really didn't fit the questions that I asked and the grammar was a riot.
  • Options
    Mine were logged in on 12/14 and I just received my grades yesterday.
  • Options
    Mine were logged on 12/9...still nothing.
  • Options
    I guess I can get off my soapbox now...grades posted today from cards logged on 12/9. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting.
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    My oh my, cards received january 8 for December $5 special and as of today still no grades posted, hmmmmm.... Anyone still waiting for December grades?
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    Still waiting on mine.
    They received 12/31; logged 1/07.
    6 stinking cards.
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    mine was 28 cards. image