Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1956-81 Reds Team registry is growing!

The Cincinnati Reds Team Card Registry is up to four members. Welcome, Kevin McHolland and Jeremy Linker. It was getting lonely for Kevin and I.

I asked for some tweaking of weights (I was still the only member at the time) and they were submitted to Joe O. for approval. Well, I'm not thrilled with what Joe decided on instead of my ideas. For example, both 1956 and 1957 are weighted 10, and it drops to 5 for 1958. Doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, at least they finally put up the set!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the Welcome Jrdolan!

I love the idea of the team card sets for several reasons.
      I get to start a new set on the Registry!
        I get all the stars for the year on 1 card
          I get a terrific sampling of 25 years worth of Topps cards

Thanks for submitting the set idea! Let the competition for the best Team Collection of the Big Red Machine begin!!!
          missinglinks

Currently working on:
          *1941 Double Play
          *500 Home Run Rookie Cards

Always Upgrading
          *1954 Dan Dee
          *1959 Fleer Three Stooges
        • Options
          mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
          John

Thank you also for the welcome. Any thought about adding the 1975 Topps Mini to the list? How about OPC cards?

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
          ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
          Hey guys...I like your idea. Someday I might work on a Giants set. My only thing is...I don't really think the team cards are a good sample of the various years, as the team cards are so different than the standard card. Cool? Yeah, but not really representative of the set.

Hey, can one of you tell me more about the 1951 Topps team cards? How were they distributed? How tough are they? How expensive?
        • Options
          mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
          Hey, can one of you tell me more about the 1951 Topps team cards? How were they distributed? How tough are they? How expensive? >>

I *believe* that they were distributed in penny packs - but bobsbbcards is probably a better source on that. They are pretty tough to find. Some teams, like the Phillies, have both a dated and an undated variation. I would say that these Team cards can run $100-$200 in Good to Very Good range, and finding anything Excellent or above is exceptionally difficult.

~ms
          I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
        • Options
          jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
          A 1951 Reds Team PSA 5 just sold on eBay for about $150 or so. I bought mine raw for less than $100 and it graded 4. I believe the highest graded 1951 Redlegs is PSA 6 with less than a dozen examples in all grades. The condition is very tough, they are an odd shape, and they take PSA's second-largest holder (T3 cabinets being the largest).

I asked for this card to be part of the Reds Team Card set, but I was turned down because it was in a small specialty set and not part of a "regular" Topps set. Thus the registry starts in 1956.

• Options
          jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
          About a month ago I put in a request for a Tigers Team set. I've been adding cards since then and I'm about 75% done. It's a cool set!
          Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
        • Options
          mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
          Being from the NATI and still there, I might just have to get in on that set. Count me in as number 5!!! I will post a few of the raw ones I have
          1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
          Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
        • Options
          jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
          Welcome, mealeworm! I have some extra graded Reds Team cards if you need any.
          PSA 6 -- 1956 (first in set, weight 10)
          PSA 8 -- 1968, 1972, 1974
          PSA 9 -- 1972, 1981