Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How to link to registry set in your signature line for newbies

Hi All -
I wanted to put a link to my registry set in my signature line and found it harder to learn how to do it than I thought it should be, so I titled this with some of the search terms I tried without success and hope this will save someone some time. My thanks to Betta285 whose kind post I finally found.

Instructions: Log-in. Click on Profile. Scroll down to the box for Signature. Type in the humor, insight, or pleas that you want to show up at the bottom of every reply and post you make. Then for the link, keep typing. Here is what I have typed in mine without a bracket like this: [ at the beginning or a bracket like this: ] at the end which caused (surprise!) it to show up as a link when I first posted this.

L=My Morgan 58's]http://www.pcgs.com/new_set_registry/display_coins.chtml?regsetid=7579&alltime=no[/L

Of course you would type in the title YOU wanted to give your link after the = sign instead of my title. The page address (URL) you get from copying the address your browser shows when you are viewing the page you want linked and then pasting it after [L=Your Title] Then finish off by typing "bracket, /, L, bracket". I would show you instead of spelling it out, but (surprise!) an invalid link shows up in your post anytime you type it.

Click update profile. You can go back to any previous reply you made to see if you got it right. If it looks like a link, you did it right. If it looks like text (mine did) recheck your typing (I had the /L backwards). Click on the link and make sure it brings up what you wanted.

I realize the "symbols" at the bottom of the signature box tells computer literate people what to do, but "MYURL" did not translate to My Title Goes Here. Hope this helps someone..............Bruce

p.s. New icon coming soon, please stand by.

Trying to collect anything else would only make me more painfully aware that I do not have enough money for the Morgans I think I need
My Morgan 58's

Comments