Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Whats the highest this would grade???

tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
I think my downside is very minimal on this one. I got this one at the Holmdel show in NJ today for $6 along with a couple other nice little goodies. I looked through about 25 sets and this was the only one with nice Obv and Rev cam.

Couple questions....

Cam or Dcam? Whats the highest it would grade??

Spot in front of head 80% removed??

Advice?

image
image
image
image
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

  • Options
    Looks to be a lot of dings, are they on the plastic?
    Not bad for $6, anything else nice in the set?
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    I would say that most of the dings are on the plastic....
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Advice? >>



    Flip the set as is. The coin needs to grade PR69DCAM to be worth submitting, and I don't think it's there. But, a nice half like that makes it a premium set that should bring two to three times what you paid for it.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Is that spot something that would come off?

    tom
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Is that spot something that would come off? >>



    That's impossible to tell from an image. Other than milk spots which, even in an image are obviously permanent, other spotting really requires an in-hand look to decide what to do. Besides that spot, it also appears to have some glue spotting on the left reverse periphery.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    yep, the reverse does have some in the periphery

    66Cam, 67 Cam????
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>66Cam, 67 Cam???? >>



    I think it's a DCAM. Grade? Probably PR67. In any case, it was a steal at six bucks. I've frequently sold these raw at $15 to $20.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    How does the rest of the set look ? (pics?)

    image
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    The rest of the set, not great

    image
    image
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    ok, so I couldnt resist the temptation, I had to crack it out and see what was under the nasty scarred up proof plastic.......it needed help, so I did my curation number on it.....I think it looks pretty good now....huh? Only one light source, so the cameo really doesnt pop like it does in person.

    image
    image
    Same carema settings, same light, just in a 2X2 now...what a difference the background makes.
    image
    image
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    OH and the glue came off too......
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    So...will this go 68? I dont think its got the juice for higher.....?????
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file