Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Eating lobster in Miami after FUN

Wow!! Have Onlyroosies and other FUN attendees over at my house in Miami following a GREAT FUN SHOW!!!! We be eating lobster, drinking Mer de Soleil chardonnay, and photographing roosies for my registry set.....life don't get any better than this.....FUN was immense, great, fabulous.....sold lots of stuff for excellent money, made several roosies in 67*, and even made and sold a 45D nickel in 68* -- AMAZING COLOR COIN!!!!!! WOW!!!!!....soon, my roosie set will include photos!!!...I got to meet a number of board memebers on the floor and at the Toned Collectors Society meeting, which was a smashing success....saw some amazing coins including a PR 68* Columbian, a killer -- make that best ever Hawiian, dollars with bag toning to make you cry, and on and on and on!!!!! If you missed FUN, you missed "a lot of fun."....In particular, want to thank Ron for his contributions to the collectors society, JB for his patience dealing with everyone hanging in his table, Larry Shepard for speaking at the meeting and showing a 1909 PR 67 RB Lincoln!!!!! COOL COIN!!!! I also got to show off my roosies, I'll let those who saw them comment on their quality. GREAT SHOW, AMAZING AUCTION, FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!.... and Mr. D, Melissa loved the extra lobster tail you missed out on!!imageimageimage
"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• Options
    Glad to hear it - I'm going in the morning.
  • Options
    Wow. For some reason reading this thread makes me feel incredibly poor. imageimageimage
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. For some reason reading this thread makes me feel incredibly poor. imageimageimage >>

And incredibly hungry and starved for coin affection! image

peacockcoins

• Options
    fun time at FUN
  • Options
    Glad to hear about the great times. Have to mention, however, that Florida has become an overheated endless suburban wasteland with horrible trafic, crime, and pollution. I'm not one of the millions of people who moved there, and am actually FROM Florida - moved away and nope, not bitter, just sad.

There's a ton of money and coins down there and when I go home I always do business with local dealers. As an ex-pat please remember the Everglades and manatees - it doesn't look like they'll be there for very much longer.

P.S. to rainbowroosie: please let me know if you come across another 45D Jeff in '68...image
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>Wow!! Have Onlyroosies and other FUN attendees over at my house in Miami following a GREAT FUN SHOW!!!! We be eating lobster, drinking Mer de Soleil chardonnay, and photographing roosies for my registry set.....life don't get any better than this.....FUN was immense, great, fabulous.....sold lots of stuff for excellent money, made several roosies in 67*, and even made and sold a 45D nickel in 68* -- AMAZING COLOR COIN!!!!!! WOW!!!!!....soon, my roosie set will include photos!!!...I got to meet a number of board memebers on the floor and at the Toned Collectors Society meeting, which was a smashing success....saw some amazing coins including a PR 68* Columbian, a killer -- make that best ever Hawiian, dollars with bag toning to make you cry, and on and on and on!!!!! If you missed FUN, you missed "a lot of fun."....In particular, want to thank Ron for his contributions to the collectors society, JB for his patience dealing with everyone hanging in his table, Larry Shepard for speaking at the meeting and showing a 1909 PR 67 RB Lincoln!!!!! COOL COIN!!!! I also got to show off my roosies, I'll let those who saw them comment on their quality. GREAT SHOW, AMAZING AUCTION, FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!.... and Mr. D, Melissa loved the extra lobster tail you missed out on!!imageimageimage >>

YOU GUYS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    .........What about R.R's T-shirt ? Was it the coolest thing at the show ??image
  • Options
    I have to respond with a rousing "You got it!"

I am a Floridian; moved away and came home after 9/11. Florida has really been overrun with too many people. I am sure they are nice folks but this place is a delicate ecosystem and it is just dying. Sinkholes because the water is coming out of the ground so fast the caverns are collapsing. Argh! Go fishing some Sunday on Mosquito Lagoon; you can walk across the boats without ever getting wet. I used to fish the Lagoon sun to sun and never see another person. Argh twice!

We do seem to have some pretty great coins even in flea markets.

Rick
    Proud recipient of YOU SUCK more than once and less than 100 times.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my T-shirt WAS the coolest thing at the show!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    That's great! image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

And I missed it............................................................
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>sold lots of stuff for excellent money, >>

What, you told me I was getting em all "cheap".;
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    You got the roosies "cheap," you should have seen what I got for the merc and the jefferson!!image

FUN was hot...all those of you who think this market is weak need to think again!!image
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You got the roosies "cheap," you should have seen what I got for the merc and the jefferson!! >>

Cool...I feel better now. That merc and jefferson were out of this world!!! Congrats, someone got two super coins. I know I did.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    sounds like a BLAST! ...wish I was there...

I hear Ft. Laud has really changed the last few years. Lots and lots of Rainbows of a different sort. Not that there's anything wrong with that.image

Nick, I hope you were able to find Rainbows' pad and get there safely without running down any manatees, panthers, or bears. And we better not find out that those "lobsters" were really grilled endangered Indigo snakes. Cameron has connections we can't even imagine, and you may have the Florida Dept. of Natural Resources at your party later...image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Yes the shirt was just too cool image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file