Home Q & A Forum
Options

Registry sets - adding competitive holders

tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
David:

Thank you for taking your time once again to address the concerns and questions of the members here.

I know this has been presented in just about every way, but I had another idea about allowing other holders in the Registry. I would suggest allowing participants to enter in other holders, but those are given a "zero" point value. Only PCGS certified coins are used in the calculation of rank. The reason I suggest this is people may have an outstanding coin in another holder. With this system, they can show that they do, in fact, have a particular coin and can also show a picture or details of the coin. This comes into play with the free certifications/crossovers when the set reaches 90% complete. Why not allow the registry participants to show off what they do have with that set until they can get it crossed when the set reaches 90%?

Thanks again for your time.

Tom

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Tom,

It's the PCGS Set Registry and it's for coins graded to the PCGS standards. We just don't want to list coins that may not be graded to those standards. While some of the Set Registry participants have non-PCGS coins in their sets, a lot of participants have PCGS coins exclusively. We do not want to dilute their accomplishment in any way.

Thanks,

David