Home Stamps Forum
Options

Huge Jump in eBay Fees

Greetings from eBay:

We are writing to let you know that effective midnight PST, February 18, 2005 eBay.com and eBay Motors will be making changes to the fee structure.

The fee changes are as follows:

Gallery
Gallery fees will be raised from $0.25 to $0.35 per listing. We will also be increasing the size of the Gallery image on search and listings pages by 56%. This will make it easier for buyers to see details of the item before clicking into the listing.

Buy It Now
Buy It Now fees will no longer be charged at a flat rate, and will instead be determined based on the Buy It Now price. Fees will be charged as follows:

Buy It Now Price Fee
$0.01 - 9.99 $0.05
$10 - 24.99 $0.10
$25 - 49.99 $0.20
$50+ $0.25

10-Day Duration
The fee for 10-day duration listings will be raised from $0.20 to $0.40 per listing.

eBay Stores
The fee for the Basic eBay Store subscription will be raised from $9.95 to $15.95 per month. The subscription fee for Featured and Anchor Stores will be unchanged.

eBay Store Inventory format listing insertion fees will remain unchanged. The Final Value Fee for Store Inventory items will change as follows:

Closing Price Old Price `

Old Price $0.01 - $25 5.25% of the closing value

New Price 8% of the closing price

Old Price: $25.01 - $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the remaining closing value balance.

New Price: 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 - $1000)

Old Price: Over $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the next $25.01-$1000, plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value).

New Price: 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the next $25.01 - $1000, plus 3% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value).
Stamps are miniature works of an ever-changing art.
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    I got the same email, I think it sucks. I resent how much they took alreadly and that along with the paypal fees it's outrageous.
    While I don't sell stamps or coins on ebay I do sell plumeria's and they usually do ok. They are a collector's plant and eBay is the best place to sell them which means I will have to raise the price.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    It's crazy...
  • Options
    Got this from eBay today , apparently it's just for the eBay stores.

Dear eBay Seller,

Recently, we announced fee changes taking effect on February 18th and affecting certain optional listing upgrades on eBay.com, the subscription fee for a Basic eBay Store, and Final Value Fees on Store Inventory Format listings. Based on Community input, we understand our original communication was a bit unclear.

To clarify, no changes are being made to the Final Value Fees on Auction-style, Auction with Buy It Now option, and Fixed Priced listings (with the exception of certain Business & Industrial capital equipment categories). Final Value Fee changes apply only to Store Inventory Format listings, a listing format only available to Store sellers and with durations of 30, 60, 90, and 120 days and Good 'Til Cancelled.

The Final Value Fees for Auction-style listings, Auction with Buy It Now option, and Fixed Price listings have remained unchanged since 2002.

You can view the full details of the pricing announcement here.

Regards,

eBay