Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone know anything about ebwcoin

I got outbid on a ebwcoin coin auction on Sunday. Shortly after the auction ended I got a second-chance-offer notification from him through eBay.
He e-mailed me Monday and said he had a second coin available. I asked him to send me images of the second coin so I could make a decision.
Haven't seen the images yet, or heard anything from him since yesterday. I was just wondering has anyone dealt with ebcoin before? Is he a trusted
seller?

Comments

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    alergar, I bought a commem from him about 2 weeks ago, and the deal went fine. He won't leave feeback for you unless you do so first--------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    This oughta scare you........... EBW coin does business on ebay under 3 different names......... EBW, Love-tokens, and........ drumroll please............ "ernie" !!!!!!!!!!

See here
    and here
    Use the search function and learn about "ernie"

Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I didn't research longtimecollector's links but as far as I know EBW is a good guy and can be trusted. Done biz with him before and would do again.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ernie is fine, although I would recommend seeing pictures first as a matter of course. Sometimes he is a bit slow to respond, but I attribute that to his large number of auctions. I have bought a number of coins from him in the past and never had a problem. He does use three eBay names. I am not sure why he uses both "ebwcoin" and "ernie" as under both names he lists similar coins. He started using "love-tokens" when be started listing a huge number of, um, love tokens. I bought a twenty-cent love token from him and asked if he had any more and he told me he was going to start listing the 1200+ various pieces he had (but he was not sure if there were any more twenty-cent pieces and I would have to wait). Shortly thereafter, he began using the "love-tokens" name.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Someone needs to ask Augie (ajia) what happened to a bunch of coins he bought from ernie that were submitted to PCGS.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought a couple of things from ernie, and have been satisfied with the items (for the price, and as I graded them; his estimates were slightly optimistic)
    His shipping is extremely fast and the packaging excellent. He throws in a little bonus (in my case, a piece of foreign currency)

I recently bought this item from "love-tokens" and think it's teriffic for less than $10 delivered,
    it has my initials and my grandfather's birth year.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have bought a couple of things from ernie, and have been satisfied with the items (for the price, and as I graded them; his estimates were slightly optimistic)
    His shipping is extremely fast and the packaging excellent. He throws in a little bonus (in my case, a piece of foreign currency)

I recently bought this item from "love-tokens" and think it's teriffic for less than $10 delivered,
    it has my initials and my grandfather's birth year.

image >>

Wow cool find! I would "love" to find one with either my wifes or my initials.

That's really cool Baley!

Tomimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file