Home Sports Talk
Options

Vikings vs Eagles

Eagle fan. I am sorry, but you cant tell me you happy about this matchup.

Maybe the real D will show up for ya...
Am I speaking Chinese?

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Im smiling at this matchup! The Eagles are gripping hard on this one. Can McNad and
    company put up 31+ points? I doubt it.

JS
  • Options
    With no T.O should be fun to watch.
  • Options
    I have to admit I fell kinda bad after betting against my boys, and I deserve ANY crap tossed at me. I feel confident they cant beat the Eagles, but it probly doesnt matter.

Skip, let me know when I get a chance to make it up !

Check will be in the mail in the mornin!

Ya Bastad...image
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Vikings - Welcome to Philadelphia next week. It won't be a warm welcome!
  • Options
    Actually we don't want a warm welcome, you saw how well the Viking's played in the cold. Bring on a cold welcome! This game is gonna be awesome!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philly weather of course is also cold this time of the year. Cold weather is also Eagles weather. Bring on the Vikings!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Tice vs. Reid

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭
    I was at MNF Vikes @ Philly in Week 2. The Vikings could have easily won that game. They took 5 trips inside the red zone and winded up with 3 points when it could have been 21. TO makes the catch that is not really a catch but a bobble on 3rd down and Tice isn't given anytime to review it due to the ABC camera crews.

This is a very good match-up for Minnesota, without TO.

Culpepper is superior to McNabb and so is the Vikings offense compared to a TO'less Eagles offense. If Minnesota's defense hold Eagles to less than 21 they will win.

what scares me is the Vikings special teams. Burleson bobbled 2 punts and Darren Bennett and Morten Andersen are so over the hill ---- to the point of being a liability.

Minnesota is on a roll. The Eagles could be frozen pizza this weekend

SKOL VIKINGS!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    Culpepper is superior to McNabb

I disagree.

Vikings vs Eagles

Coaching - Eagles
    Running game - Eagles
    Receivers - Vikings
    Tight Ends - Eagles
    Offensive Line - Eagles
    Defensive Line - Eagles
    Secondary - Eagles
    Special teams - Eagles
    Kincking game - Eagles

Advantage - Eagles

This is going to be an Eagles blowout. Westbrook is going to run circles on that defense, and will bust two runs of 40+. LJ Smith in the slot is going to be effective, and the Eagles will control the football.

What "roll" is Minnesota on again? If the Lions kick the extra point, they might not even be there. They are a mediocre team that has big play ability and that is at. Tice is a bafoon, and will screw up something.
  • Options

<< <i>Tice isn't given anytime to review it due to the ABC camera crews >>

It's bad enough that some Viking fans have been blaming the refs all year for the Vikings woes - now it's time to blame the camera crews too? I guess Madden or Michaels should have gotten on the horn to Tice to give him the head's up image
  • Options

<< <i>Can McNad and company put up 31+ points? I doubt it. >>

Why do they need 31+ points? They've only given up over 21 points three times all season, and one of those games was week 17. It's surprising how little you understand about defense, given that was supposedly the strength of the one-hit-wonder 2002 Bucs ...
  • Options

<< <i>Culpepper is superior to McNabb

I disagree.

Vikings vs Eagles

Coaching - Eagles
    Running game - Eagles
    Receivers - Vikings
    Tight Ends - Eagles
    Offensive Line - Eagles
    Defensive Line - Eagles
    Secondary - Eagles
    Special teams - Eagles
    Kincking game - Eagles

Advantage - Eagles

This is going to be an Eagles blowout. Tice is a bafoon, and will screw up something. >>

1420, we meet again. Vikes/Eagles in the playoffs. What more could you ask for?

I'll give you Coaching, Defense, and Special teams (kicking is part of special teams). But you're wrong about the rest.

Running game: Vikings..113 yards per game 4.7 avg vs 102 yards per game 4.4 for the Eagles. The Vikings will miss Moe Williams but have an impressive stable remaining featuring the world class speed of Michael Bennett, and the tough running great receiving Smith, backed up by the rookie Mewelde Moore who was very impressive earlier this year.

Passing game: As you have already admitted, edge Vikings (big edge)

Tight Ends: Vikings. Jermaine Wiggins was the leading receiver on the NFC's best offense. (of course this is part of the passing game)

Offensive line: Vikings. The Vikings were clearly superior to the Eagles both running and passing the ball. How can you say the Eagles o line is superior?

Quarterbacks: Vikings. You hate to admit it, but Culpepper proved it again this year. Although overshadowed by Manning, Culpepper had one of the best seasons ever for a qb in the history of the league. Take away Manning he is a lock for MVP.

What I would be worried about if I was an Eagle fan (and I bet you are too) is a healthy Randy Moss. He is likely not going to be 100% but if he is 90% look out.

The X factor: We don't know how the offense will deal with the loss of Owens. Much of the success the Eagles offense enjoyed this year can be directly attributed to Owens. Not just his catches, but his presence on the field. His ability (much like Moss) to force defenses to pay extra attention to him while leaving holes elsewhere for other players to exploit. The offense will suffer for sure, we just don't know how much.

Let's hope for good weather (no wind or rain) and a healthy Randy Moss. It could make for a whale of a game.

Collecting PSA and BGS 500 HR & 3000 Hit Club Baseball
    HOF Quarterbacks Football
  • Options
    vikesfan - looking forward to it image